Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
46,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that there are not enough threads on Henry so I'm starting one more on this overrated player, who must just thank Zidane and Arsenal. :yawn:

·
International
9,526 Posts
Nice one toni, here's a bit of info for you.

Here's his stats in his best competition (the premiership) away from home:
This season he's scored in three away games Norwich, Palace and Spurs.
He's scored 15 is it altogether? Hence 12 at Highbury.
Last season in 18 away games, he scored 8 goals in 6 games, most in the first half of the season. Boro, Wolves, Blackburn, Villa (2), Leeds (2), Charlton.
World Player Of The Year?
Now who's havin' a larf?;)

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Fred Elliot said:

Last season in 18 away games, he scored 8 goals in 6 games, most in the first half of the season. Boro, Wolves, Blackburn, Villa (2), Leeds (2), Charlton.

I don't get your point, are you over-rating him or not ? :tongue:

·
Registered
46,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fred Elliot said:

Oh, so he has to be the "English" Del Piero, executioner of the mighty Siena and Empoli and ace of the 11-meters shots. :D

·
Banned
3,469 Posts
like Shevchenko, he does get praise for stuff other than football skill, like not being a mincing poof like del Piero, RvN, Figo, Deco etc.
It's nostalgia for the days when a lot of Juve, Madrid and ManUre's present players would have been blubbering from a hospital bed after being dealt with by the Gentiles, Tommy Smiths, Mick Harfords, Horst Hrubresh, Redondos and other such players.

·
Registered
46,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fred Elliot said:
more, the 'French' Del Piero. Don't know who the English one is....anyone got any ideas?
I meant English=of the EPL infact I used the inverted commas. ;)

·
Registered
791 Posts
ToniSamp said:
I meant English=of the EPL infact I used the inverted commas. ;)

How many threads do you have to open about him? I remember when you compared him to Di Viao? Do you still think Di Viao is better?

·
63,337 Posts
I think he is probably under-rated by Fred and Toni, they seem to think he only plays well away of he scores goals. :shades:

·
Registered
46,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Titi8383 said:
How many threads do you have to open about him? I remember when you compared him to Di Viao? Do you still think Di Viao is better?
No, to be exact, I thought and still think that they are two twins, one is black, the other is white. If Di Vaio had Zidane or Arsenal behind him he would be the same.
Henry will never leave Arsenal...for no reason, he found the paradise, aplace where he can be considered one of the best players in the world without deserving this title! :wth:

·
63,337 Posts
ToniSamp said:
Henry will never leave Arsenal...for no reason, he found the paradise, aplace where he can be considered one of the best players in the world without deserving this title! :wth:

you must be one of the only ones, most fans call us Henry reliant, maybe we are just Lehmann -reliant ? ;)

·
Registered
46,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jern Lizardhous said:
you must be one of the only ones, most fans call us Henry reliant, maybe we are just Lehmann -reliant ? ;)
Milan are not Sheva-reliant, Inter are not Adriano-reliant etc. The forwards score cause they are the terminal of the team. Replace Henry with X and Arsenal will be X-reliant according to the fans.

·
Registered
791 Posts
ToniSamp said:
Milan are not Sheva-reliant, Inter are not Adriano-reliant etc. The forwards score cause they are the terminal of the team. Replace Henry with X and Arsenal will be X-reliant according to the fans.
In that case every forward is 'overrated' :pp

Sheva would not have won the Ballon D'or if it wasn't for the Milan team :jester:

·
63,337 Posts
ToniSamp said:
but Henry is the playmaker/winger as well. ;)

·
63,337 Posts
Paratroopa said:
Damn , Jern, you're everywhere...sometimes I wonder if Arsenal actually pay you to defend/promote their image at extratime....
I just speak as i see it, if it looks like i am promoting the Arsenal that means that the management are currently doing a good job. ;)

·
Registered
46,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Titi8383 said:
In that case every forward is 'overrated' :pp

Sheva would not have won the Ballon D'or if it wasn't for the Milan team :jester:
Of course, football is a team sport. Yet, the English way of playing, something you are proud of, enhance the qualities of players like Henry.

·
Registered
791 Posts
ToniSamp said:
Of course, football is a team sport. Yet, the English way of playing, something you are proud of, enhance the qualities of players like Henry.
Fair enough, but im still puzzled to why Henry 'is the most overrated player ever' Can you enlighten me?

1 - 20 of 154 Posts