Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Henry invites new Gunners deal

Arsenal striker Thierry Henry has invited the club to offer him a new deal to stay at Highbury.
The Frenchman has two-and-a-half-years to run on his current contract and he insists he would be sign an extension to end his career at The Gunners.

Henry is happy with life at Arsenal and has no plans to move on.
"If Arsenal want me, and if we find the agreement when my contract will expire, I'm ready to stay until the end," Henry told Gazzetta dello Sport's weekly magazine Sport Week
"Now I've an English family, I think it is possible seeing I feel good in London, supporters and the club always behaved me really good towards me.

"In football you never know, but you should feel good where you go and here I feel really good."
The former Monaco and Juventus man admitted he feels he has progressed as a player at Arsenal and that he always does his best for the team.

"Since my arrival at Arsenal I try to be reliable, season by season," added Henry.
"People are saying that since my arrival here I've started scoring and I've continued progressing.

"30 goals last season, more than 20 now. Goals are happiness if they help the team to win.

"But it's important having found a club, an environment where I'm happy and a city like London in which I really feel good. For this I feel always to give my best on the pitch and in training too."
Henry, who has his sights firmly on helping Arsenal finish second in The Premiership this term, singled out the loss of midfielder Gilberto Silva to injury as a major factor in the side's failure to retain their title this season.

"We are struggling for the English FA Cup and to improve our Premiership standing," noted Henry.
"With the second place the Champions League's qualification will be sure, we play for this aim with Manchester United.

"After a fantastic season like the last one, only a few people have understood we have had to play with the group reduced by injuries.
"We lost Gilberto Silva, a fundamental element. He's like (Claude) Makelele, our Makelele and without Makelele, Chelsea wouldn't be Chelsea."

skysports.com

--------------------------------------------------------------

is henry quiting the team next summer ? :confused:

?!

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
thank god for Henry :proud: :D

if he was thinking of leaving then we would really have something to worry about. :)

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
bokiko said:

?!
"If Arsenal want me, and if we find the agreement when my contract will expire, I'm ready to stay until the end."

Yeah, really quitting the team. :rollani: :howler:

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
thank god for Henry :proud: :D

if he was thinking of leaving then we would really have something to worry about. :)

i think in 5 years we will be pushing him out, while hes crying " let me stay" :proud:

·
Registered
478 Posts
bokiko said:
Henry invites new Gunners deal

Arsenal striker Thierry Henry has invited the club to offer him a new deal to stay at Highbury.
The Frenchman has two-and-a-half-years to run on his current contract and he insists he would be sign an extension to end his career at The Gunners.

Henry is happy with life at Arsenal and has no plans to move on.
"If Arsenal want me, and if we find the agreement when my contract will expire, I'm ready to stay until the end," Henry told Gazzetta dello Sport's weekly magazine Sport Week
"Now I've an English family, I think it is possible seeing I feel good in London, supporters and the club always behaved me really good towards me.

"In football you never know, but you should feel good where you go and here I feel really good."
The former Monaco and Juventus man admitted he feels he has progressed as a player at Arsenal and that he always does his best for the team.

"Since my arrival at Arsenal I try to be reliable, season by season," added Henry.
"People are saying that since my arrival here I've started scoring and I've continued progressing.

"30 goals last season, more than 20 now. Goals are happiness if they help the team to win.

"But it's important having found a club, an environment where I'm happy and a city like London in which I really feel good. For this I feel always to give my best on the pitch and in training too."
Henry, who has his sights firmly on helping Arsenal finish second in The Premiership this term, singled out the loss of midfielder Gilberto Silva to injury as a major factor in the side's failure to retain their title this season.

"We are struggling for the English FA Cup and to improve our Premiership standing," noted Henry.
"With the second place the Champions League's qualification will be sure, we play for this aim with Manchester United.

"After a fantastic season like the last one, only a few people have understood we have had to play with the group reduced by injuries.
"We lost Gilberto Silva, a fundamental element. He's like (Claude) Makelele, our Makelele and without Makelele, Chelsea wouldn't be Chelsea."

skysports.com

--------------------------------------------------------------

?!
Two and a half years to go on his contract- how could he go next summer? They wont let him just walk away. He'll be there untill the end. :) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
I think Henry would make a hilarious manager, imagine his reactions to things that don't go his way like when Lauren stuttered to cross the ball to him last season against those manc bastards? :pp

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
he could keep his player registration and if the team were not fighting hard enough he could bring himself on to do manic sprints up and down the park to win the ball back and drive the team on. :D

let's face it, even at 40 Henry will still be more athletic than 70% of the players.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Probably he will retired from national team if they failed to qualify for WC this year.....

·
Registered
300 Posts
getting henry to stay is a good thing on the part of arsenal ,he is very great and the best striker for now in the whole of premiership if not in europe and the world.he has got it all the speed the strength and the finishing prowess,his staying is only a blessing for arsenal and wish you all best of luck.

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
khimik said:
He was never going to be Wenger's successor. It'll be another foreigner, thankfully.
Still, I must say I prefer Big Tone over Titi as Wenger's replacer every single day of the week ;)

But it's more likely Tony will come and be assistant I reckon.
However we shouldn't judge his managerskills simply by looking at his performance with Wycombe. Not even the greatest manager in the world would have had any chance to do wonders with a squad like that.
Wouldn't mind if Tone tried his things at a higher level though although Arsenal of course shouldn't be his next stop as manager. That would most likely turn out the way it did for John Barnes at Celtic, Ruud Gullit at Chelsea and so on...
To be a manager at Premier League level you need experience, that's something Tony lacks badly. In order to get that experience it would be perfect for him to work with one of our youth teams and help Wenger out. But till he has that experience, and been around for some time with different clubs, he shouldn't even be considered to take over at Arsenal.
He's got a brilliant reputation and respect at Arsenal but that's not enough.

But hmm, I just realised I went "a little" off-topic, Henry it was! ;)
I don't think anyone's suprised he's likely to stay, he has sad he's an Arsenal-man through and through since the day he came.

Another good thing when it comes to contract deals,
Freddie just told he has started contract talks and is likely to stay for atleast another couple of seasons. :)

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Mr. Arsenal should've done something similar to what Stuart Pearce did - get an assisstants job at a midtable Premiership team like a City, or a Birmingham, etc. to get the experience needed and find out how you're really meant to go about the day-to-day runnings of a club.

He practically went straight from the examination room into the Wycombe job, he was doomed from the start, and I wish idiots like that KyleLeonard wouldn't hang it over him like they do.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts