1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
henry and cole injured??!!

Blow 1

Source: skysports.com

Reigning champions France have been rocked by the news that Thierry Henry is doubful for the World Cup finals.

The Arsenal striker missed Les Blues friendly win over Urawa Reds with a knee injury and coach Roger Lemerre has given him until Sunday to prove his fitness.

Henry has been dogged by ligament trouble since he joined up with the France squad and is rated extremely doubtful for the opening match of the finals, against Group A opponents Senegal on May 31.

Lemerre said: "Thierry Henry was not able to resume playing today and this is important news.

"We are going to do some more tests on Sunday and, depending on the results, we will do what is necessary."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blow 2:

Source: skysports.com

England have been given another injury scare with the news that Ashley Cole has joined Sven Goran Eriksson's list of crocks.

The Arsenal left-back has suffered a repeat of the knee ligament damage that kept him sidelined for more than a month of the Gunners' double-winning season.

Teddy Sheringham also sat out training with a blister on his foot, but Cole's injury means Eriksson is now sweating on the fitness of four key men.

Nicky Butt, the leading candidate to take over from Steeven Gerrard is close to resuming full training, David Beckham still several days away and Kieron Dyer is struggling to be fit for the Group F opener with Sweden on June 2.

But the England camp were playing down Cole's problems - even though he had two spells on the sidelines with the same problem during the season - insisting he will be training tomorrow.

FA head of communications Paul Newman said: "Ashley has tweaked a knee ligament but it is nothing serious. He has done a session in the gym and is just resting as a precaution."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

aaaaaaaaaarrrrghhhhh!!!!! and I had both of them down for my world cupdream team aswell.

I hope its just me being anal, but it would be a shame not seeing henry win the golden boot award

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
yes yes
henry out for france maybe
oh my dear!!!
i wanted him to win another medal
and prove to the world he is the best striker!!

to bad cole
his such a talented guy
plenty of world cup dreams for them both anyway since they are young
but dam unlucky
good luck to them both

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
The Ashey Cole injury doesn't look too bad and he should be fit for the World Cup.
But Henry's is a little bit more serious and he has until Sunday to prove his fitness to Lemerre, if he doesn't prove it France will call up Anelka.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts