Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 433 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The european player of the year was announced recently and i think it is an ABSOLUTE joke and some sort of fix or cheat for Thierry Henry, PFA player of the year, premiership player of the year, premiership golden boot, european golden boot, most assists in the premiership and maybe in europe (dont know about that one) to COME 4th!!!

Behind: Shevchenko
Deco
Ronaldinho

And only just infront of, wait, yep you guessed it, ZAGORAKIS!!!!


Im also amazingly suprised how ronaldinho was 3rd.

I think this is a complete joke
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,484 Posts
Sheva, Deco, Ronaldinho have all been great this season, but how in God's name Ronaldinho finished behind Deco is beyond me...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
other notable and equally unbelievable placings:

Rooney 8th
Ruud 9th
Carvalho 9th
Baros 12th
Ronaldo 12th
Drogba 17th
Lampard 17th

is someone taking the piss here????
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Firenze said:
Sheva, Deco, Ronaldinho have all been great this season, but how in God's name Ronaldinho finished behind Deco is beyond me...
and henry hasent!!!??? 15 goals in 17 games, 12 assists
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,469 Posts
Sheva should've had the award long ago, he deserves it, but it should be Henry second.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
533 Posts
The only wrong thing IMO is that Deco is 2nd. Should be Shev - Dinho - Henry or Dinho - Shev - Henry. But congratulations to Sheva he deserves the award.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,725 Posts
This is the first time after some time now when all 3.4 nominees have been deserving candidates - IMO.
I wouldnt have had any problem with any winning. Of course it is sweeter as Sheva deservedly won it.

For Henry, he did jackshit for France, if he had done something(not to the extent of winning the Euro) - but anything, he might have come within the top 3.

Anyway we cant say Sheva didnt deserve, same as Nedved who deserved last time.

But its a mystery why Beckham used to be in the list before.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,074 Posts
Petros said:
other notable and equally unbelievable placings:

Rooney 8th
Ruud 9th
Carvalho 9th
Baros 12th
Ronaldo 12th
Drogba 17th
Lampard 17th

is someone taking the piss here????
Other than Drogba, that looks write. You can argue Lampard (ATM is England's best player), and Baros.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,845 Posts
I can understand him coming behind Ronaldinho but that's it. He's certainly been a more influental player than Deco and it's a tough call between Henry and Sheva.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,074 Posts
mutu1875 said:
I can understand him coming behind Ronaldinho but that's it. He's certainly been a more influental player than Deco and it's a tough call between Henry and Sheva.
Deco spot was well deserved, he's been one of the best players in the world for the past 2 years. I don't know how you can be certain when you say he has been more an influential player. Arsenal is full of stars, when Deco was on Porto with the exception of a few players, most were 2nd rate players. Ronaldinho turned Barcelona from a UEFA Cup side to Champions Leage calibur.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Haider said:
This is the first time after some time now when all 3.4 nominees have been deserving candidates - IMO.
I wouldnt have had any problem with any winning. Of course it is sweeter as Sheva deservedly won it.

For Henry, he did jackshit for France, if he had done something(not to the extent of winning the Euro) - but anything, he might have come within the top 3.

Anyway we cant say Sheva didnt deserve, same as Nedved who deserved last time.

But its a mystery why Beckham used to be in the list before.
"if henry won the euros he might of come got close to the top 3?"

And shevchenko did ANYTHING on the national stage this year?????? At least henry scored 2 goals and played, and that is better then not playing at all!!!!

shevchenko scores more in big games??? and what big games was that last year?? the 3-0 deportivo game?? noooooo. this year? shevchenko goals in champs league, i believe it is 3? henry, 4! Goals in the league last year we both know who scored more, shevchenko 24 and henry 30
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Petros said:
other notable and equally unbelievable placings:

Rooney 8th
Ruud 9th
Carvalho 9th
Baros 12th
Ronaldo 12th
Drogba 17th
Lampard 17th

is someone taking the piss here????
drogba 17th? far too high.
Rooney 8th, far too high.
Baros 12th, far too high

Lampard 17th, possibly too low

Ronaldo 12th, too high
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,208 Posts
Petros said:
"if henry won the euros he might of come got close to the top 3?"

And shevchenko did ANYTHING on the national stage this year?????? At least henry scored 2 goals and played, and that is better then not playing at all!!!!

shevchenko scores more in big games??? and what big games was that last year?? the 3-0 deportivo game?? noooooo. this year? shevchenko goals in champs league, i believe it is 3? henry, 4! Goals in the league last year we both know who scored more, shevchenko 24 and henry 30

:D

You da man! Show 'em who's boss. I am fully behind you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,868 Posts
if Henry was on Milan he would of won...it just goes to the best player on the 'biggest club'....if Deco was still on Porto he probably would of gotten less votes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
893 Posts
The judges got it right. I would have liked Ronaldinho to have got the award, because of the entertainment and theatre he's bringing to the game, but Sheva deserves it for his sustained excellence (in difficult circumstances - Serie A) over several years. In addition he comes across as a classy guy as well as a great player. Henry deserves nothing this year and his fans should be satisfied with 4th spot. The other three players have done more this year. Put Sheva in the big-game situations where Henry hasn't produced and everyone would see the difference. He's a class act.
 
1 - 20 of 433 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top