Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that Barca is going to sign him...

Can you tell us a few things about this guy please...

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Like I said in the Barcelona forum, he is comfortable with the ball on his feet unlike most centre backs (the mistake against Venezuela was a rare lapse of concentration: it was his national team debut so he was very nervous) and antecipates very well. He might have a few problems with strong forwards at first (only Adriano really tested him here, but he was already used to his physical approach to the game at their 3rd encounter) but there aren´t a lot of that in the Spanish League anyway... Great signing, by the way.

Don´t recall any Felipe from São Paulo: youth player I believe?

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
You could have signed our Diego Cavalieri, who will have an Italian passport soon and is a sure thing... This one seems like a gamble.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Like I said in the Barcelona forum, he is comfortable with the ball on his feet unlike most centre backs (the mistake against Venezuela was a rare lapse of concentration: it was his national team debut so he was very nervous) and antecipates very well. He might have a few problems with strong forwards at first (only Adriano really tested him here, but he was already used to his physical approach to the game at their 3rd encounter) but there aren´t a lot of that in the Spanish League anyway... Great signing, by the way.

Don´t recall any Felipe from São Paulo: youth player I believe?
thanks, so you think its a done deal?
and what they say in the spanisch press - i heard we bought him and will loan him to you for one more season

·
Registered
12 Posts
i agree with Testa - Diego cavalieri is a superb keeper, has a good track record and would an excellent signing for any European club.

as for Henrique, well, he has potential that's certain. but i'm not sure he's quite ready for La Liga. a loan spell or a period in Barcelona's reserves may be a good option for him.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Hey, are´t you mixing things up here

I tought testa was sdpeaking about Palmeiras back Henrique, and afterwards you began to speak of goalkeepers? And mixed him up with the GK of Flu that was owsome in some Libertadores games?

And about Fewlipe, maybe they are talking about hte Gk of Corinthians, form the city of SP?

Please m,ake some order here.

BTW, speaking of Palmeiras zagueiro, why di he cut his hair? to fit in the ugly rooster of B arcelona? FabioRochembak did the same, and he said that he wanted to frighten the rivals more, because with the long hair he looked like an angel:tongue:

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
BTW, speaking of Palmeiras zagueiro, why di he cut his hair? to fit in the ugly rooster of B arcelona? FabioRochembak did the same, and he said that he wanted to frighten the rivals more, because with the long hair he looked like an angel:tongue:
They "agreed" to do it when Palmeiras won this years´ Paulistão (even Valdivia had his hair cut).

Only Kléber managed to escape as he had been selected to take the anti-doping test.

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Corinthians' Felipe is not 20 years old, so it's probably really a São Paulo reserve the one that is being negotiated.

And they didn't talk about Fernando Henrique at all, LUZ... they were talking about Diego Cavalieri.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
You calledthis thread Henrique and than spoke of other people, you confused me, sorry

Aboutthe hair, it will grow... You know BTW that Puyol said many years ago that he will cut his hair only if Barcelona won the CL. At tha time it looked very distant. Afterwards They did win it, but Puyol avaded the haircut, thank the Lord. there are some people that the hair is part of them.. Nesta, Coloccini.. etc.
Sorry for the off topic and "hair talk":sweeteye:

·
Registered
9,029 Posts
i agree with Testa - Diego cavalieri is a superb keeper, has a good track record and would an excellent signing for any European club.

as for Henrique, well, he has potential that's certain. but i'm not sure he's quite ready for La Liga. a loan spell or a period in Barcelona's reserves may be a good option for him.

No, not a good option. Barcelona B, or Barcelona Atlétic which will be the new name for next season, plays in the third division Segunda B (they were promoted some week ago). The best option would be to loan him out to another Primera division team or just let him complete this season in Palmeiras.

Thank you for all info about Henrique btw. :thmbup:

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
Henrique is at Bayer Leverkusen on loan.Great place to go for a Brazilian CB with Lucio and Juan coming from there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts