Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
City have been linked with a shock summer swoop for Aston Villa's England Under-21 ace Lee Hendrie.

And Sunday tabloid speculation suggests Villa boss John Gregory might try to agree a swap deal, with transfer-listed striker Noel Whelan heading in the opposite direction.
Midfield ace Hendrie was in and out of the Villa side last season and had to settle for a place on the bench in the FA Cup Final defeat.

Now sources claim he could be headed for the exit door as Gregory plans a major shake-up of his Villa Park squad.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
This news comes from the Coventry website..

Is he good ? he must be otherwise he wasn't playing for the England U21 i think but why does he have to leave then ?

I hope he is coming when he is good ! OR is this just a stupid rumour ?! It says that it was in the tabloids, that isn't reliable i know, but do you Villa fans know more about this ?

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Are you a Coventry City fan Kev??

I've not heard the rumour, as I don;t read the tabloids and the Villa site is so rubbish I don't go to it! But I cannot believe JG would do something so stupid! Ok, Hendrie has not had the world's best season...but he has been injured...but to sell/swap him for WHELAN!!!! ( :() to Coventry of ALL teams is stupid!

I just pray that this is a rumour and not fact!

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes , i'm a Coventry fan. I try to follow them as much as possible and watch them on TV when possible. They are Villa's rivals , right ? Are you totally against Coventry ?? If you are i hope you don't mind that i posted this here, but i really wanted to know.
I follow Villa also a bit because of Dublin and Boateng.. And next year Nilis.
Whelan isn't that bad i think. I didn't see him play a lot but i thought this guy had a lot of talent..
Sorry if you don't like these rumour posts about Coventry..

[This message has been edited by Kevin (edited 29-05-2000).]

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Kev, Coventry are Villa's rivals yes...but of course I do not mind you posting this rumour here! After all Coventry are way low on my footballing hate list: Birmingham City, Man Scum and Roma come way before Cov!
Besides I have a weak spot for Hadji and Chippo...great players!

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pfew, good news for me ;)

Chippo and Hadji are very good. I still can't believe that they came to Coventry and not a bigger team. We are very ambitious , but still.. But the player who i like(d) the most is(was) McAllister and ofcourse Cedric Roussel.

Well, thanks for the info but we will have to wait and see what is true about this 'news'..

[This message has been edited by Kevin (edited 30-05-2000).]

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Kevin, as you can imagine I was heartbroken when Villa failed to sign Robbie Keane and he went to Cov instead...then I found out you guys had signed Hadji and Chippo...I was green with envy!

I have no idea what our overseas scouts do, but I could do a much better job...hmmm maybe I should right to Ellis and forget Uni! :)

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, Robbie Keane is one of our best buys and he isn't leaving the upcoming years i think.. Coventry are buying really good (and young talented players, i like that)
Strachan is a very good manager and i'm sure he will bring some glorious moments in the near future..

Aston Villa are also very ambitious i think so maybe you shouldn't worry about Keane, Chippo, Hadji,.. playing with Coventry (i don't mind it ;)) and hope that Villa has better plans. Afterall, they managed to have a very good league position the last years..

E

·
0 Posts
Agree, but those positions have only been respectable, and I (and others) ekspect more

top 3 at least

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have some good news i think :) :

City chairman Bryan Richardson has dismissed tabloid claims that Aston Villa's Lee Hendrie is set for a summer move to Highfield Road.

The Web Site reported newspaper claims that Villa boss John Gregory was lining-up a swap-deal for transfer-listed striker Noel Whelan.
But Richardson, who has already revealed the search for Gary McAllister's successor is well underway, today insisted the story was a non-starter.

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
This makes me very happy indeed! I would hate to see Hendrie leave!

ESR, I agree....I expect Villa to live up to their history and the lead the way! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts