Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From BBC:

Henchoz condemns boss Benitez

Out-of-favour Liverpool defender Stephane Henchoz has launched a scathing attack at the way Anfield boss Rafael Benitez has treated him.
"I am the king of the outlaws at Liverpool and my time is up at the club," said Henchoz, 30, whose contract runs out in the summer.

"As far as they are concerned, I no longer exist.

"If I now leave it will be as a free agent and Liverpool won't make a single penny from me."

He added: "After what the manager has done to me, I'm not going to give him any presents."

Henchoz has made just four appearances for Liverpool this season with his slide out of the first team beginning under former manager Gerard Houllier.

The Swiss centre-back says he has been made to train with the other "excluded players" and could be on his way to Southampton.

"I need to find a challenge that excites me and a club that really clicks with me," he said.

"I could still stay in England. There are already two or three possibilities and things are beginning to get moving."

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
SM ONLINE said:
He's better then Hyypia
in his day Hyypia was better but now boath are old but Hyypia is still better.
if he want to lgo the let him we need a good young CB.

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
how can we compare a defensive pair as to who was stronger, they are a pair they work off each other strengths. we should always remember him as the henchoz that saved us countless of times, for him to speak out like that is unlike him.

·
Registered
574 Posts
its also low class

considering his job search, he's just about done himself a disservice. any gaffer worth his quality would look at him and think: "so what would he be saying to the press about me if i left him on the bench for whatever tactical reason ?"

Rafa doesn't need this crap.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
He has done the same before for the national team and has done it before when Houllier was the boss.

Thanks for the memories for some wonderful defensive play with Sami, but it's time for LFC to move on and it's a shame that you'll now be leaving on a sour note.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
Xabi_Alonso said:
Zak Whitbread. :cool:

Seriously, Hyypia is vastly overrated, I always thought Henchoz was the better of the pair, but both are past their expiration date, now, and need to move on.

·
Registered
300 Posts
hyypia is better than henchoz anyday anytime. so henchoz shouls shut his trap and move on.

·
Commander of the OSE
780 Posts
What did he say that is so wrong? :confused:

I haven't seen him get a chance this season, he's got every reason to be upset with the manager.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
2 weeks wages for that!

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Xabi_Alonso said:
in his day Hyypia was better but now boath are old but Hyypia is still better.
sorry but you're really talking out of your arse, Hyypia may be better now because Henchoz hasn't played for X amount of months- buy Henchoz has always been the better DEFENDER, the only reason Hyypia got all the plaudits for our water tight defence was because he was the tall one and always the one who who went up for corners thus scoring more then Henchoz, anyways Henchoz has always been a better defender simple as if you payed attention to the game you would see that he, Hyypia, is a poor player.

I wonder how many people outside the odd few Liverpool fans would say he's any good?

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
sorry I have to disagree he's become nothing more then a liability, no where near as liable as Carra. He will be replaced either in January or the Summer then everyone will forget about how "good" he is and he will become like Henchoz- forgotten man.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts