Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
onefootball.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Helveg stuns Inter with Milan pledge

Tuesday 22nd January 2002

AC Milan defender Thomas Helveg has stunned city rivals Internazionale by declaring that he wants to stay with the Rossoneri for another year – despite already agreeing a transfer to Hector Cuper's side at the end of the season. "I expect to stay," the Dane said.

The foraging right-back signed for Inter in the summer of 2001 but Inter agreed to loan the player back to Milan for the 2001-02 season.

He has been a permanent fixture in a solid AC Milan defence under Fatih Terim and Carlo Ancelotti this season – and Milan are now keen to keep him for another season.

And the former OB and Udinese defender said on Tuesday: "I know that Milan and Inter have been in contact [regarding the possibility of staying].

"And although it has been unofficial, it seems as if I will be staying with Milan for a further year. However, things happen quickly here in Italy," he told local Danish newspaper Fyens Stiftstidende.

Inter are unlikely to be willing to relinquish the rights for the player and an extension of the current loan deal seems the most likely option.

When he arrived at Milan, Helveg was former coach Alberto Zaccheroni's protege. It was Zaccheroni, sacked by Milan in March 2001, who plucked him out of relative obscurity at Odense in Denmark back in 1993 and turned him into one of the highest-rated right midfielders in Europe with Udinese.

When Zaccheroni arrived at Milan in 1998 he took Helveg with him and the blond midfielder responded with another impressive season.

I was just wondering if you're really stunned :D ?

Ciao.

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
Oh darn! Our replacement for Zanetti that has sucked this season seems to slip from our hands.What a rip off! Come on,I want that extremly offensive talented Helveg with the deadly crosses and enormous technique in our team,so what the hell is he saying?

I can´t believe this is happening.The wonderboy Helveg wants to stay with Milan. :depress::cry:

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Don't worry Jimmy, I just because you play so bad right now i would feel pity and trade him with Javier. You don't even need to pay an transfer fees. I would try to welcome Zanetti even though he never was Serie A class. ;) (yeah riiight)

·
Registered
240 Posts
I'm so gutted I don't know if I'll be able to handle the rejection!

Helveg is a desperately shocking player and I'm amazed he keeps Contra out of the Milan team. Mind you, I think that has much to do with Ancelotti's philosophy on the game.

Don't know about you guys, but I much prefer Vivas as back up to Zanetti - he's way way ahead of Helveg.

I just can't help laughing at this whole story...

Andy x

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
i feel very bad about his decision... :D:D:D but wait, why i m showing u guys my smiling face????

1 - 7 of 7 Posts