Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i want help..the thing is that if there is 14 year old boy and he is to improve his game to the standards of ronaldinho(only skills) how would he do it...by practicing with a football for e.g freestyle tricks?

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
doordie said:
hey i want help..the thing is that if there is 14 year old boy and he is to improve his game to the standards of ronaldinho(only skills) how would he do it...by practicing with a football for e.g freestyle tricks?
No. These things appear from the player himself, they're not taught in an academy. You can not create a Ronaldinho (to say the name you said).

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
Just tell him to come and watch me on a sunday morning, he'll learn all he needs to.:thumbsup:

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
he should get his own style naturally, not everyone can be Ronaldinho, he might have to settle to be like Cruyff. :D

concentrate too much on tricks though and you run the risk of becoming a clown footballer.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Only way is for him to mess around with the ball trying things like Ronnie does for hours on end per day. Try mastering basic tricks with plenty of practice, combine tricks and work on ball control. Have him throw the ball off a wall or something for an hour or more a week and alternate killing the ball with each foot to learn balance/control.

What helped me a lot was just kicking the ball side to side as quickly as possible, then spinning on it, turning and flicking at random. Gradually started getting a feel for the ball and could manipulate it a lot better.

He need's to learn the weight of the ball for passing too, get him to pass to a hoop however many meters away to let it roll and stop there. Both feet again. Worth noting that Ronnie is physically very fit for a reason, and relies on speed after the trick so doing some plyometric work for his legs is a good idea.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
really at 14 he should have all these basic techniques mastered as Doug says, if he doesn't have basic balance and first touch there is not a chance in hell he will ever be able to do what Ronaldinho does, how old was Ronaldinho in that advert when he was dribbling all them other kids?

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
While we are on this subject, I would really appreciate if some of you guys could please give me advice about how I could become a great defender like Pascal Cygan or Raul Bravo.....thanks! :thumbsup: :angel:

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Custard Slice said:
While we are on this subject, I would really appreciate if some of you guys could please give me advice about how I could become a great defender like Pascal Cygan or Raul Bravo.....thanks! :thumbsup: :angel:
Cut off a leg and run into a wall five times, in that order. :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts