Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the Italian experts rank those players? I am looking into a defensive midfielder for my fantasy team. I know Tacchinardi does not play much this season, but I wanted to know. Two of the players do not play in Italy.

Olivier Dacourt Roma & France
Manuele Blasi Juventus & italy
Maniche Porto & Portugal
Alessio Tacchinardi Juventus & Italy
Guti Real Madrid & Spain

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
galactico said:
Can the Italian experts rank those players? I am looking into a defensive midfielder for my fantasy team. I know Tacchinardi does not play much this season, but I wanted to know. Two of the players do not play in Italy.

Olivier Dacourt Roma & France
Manuele Blasi Juventus & italy
Maniche Porto & Portugal
Alessio Tacchinardi Juventus & Italy
Guti Real Madrid & Spain
If you want an expert that's not me, but anyway i'll have a go since i've got a break here at uni :). i know more about the Italian players than the ones from other countries but i hope this is still useful. :D ;)

Dacourt (30) is unspectacular, but solid and fights for the team. good defensively with decent passing skills and vision. he may not be starting material at a top club, but he gets the job done. he would probably come cheap too, because he's old.

Blasi (24) is completely useless. a lot of people say he is good though and unfortunately Lippi seems to agree. he plays a strictly defensive role but often he's more violent than he is efficient even when tackling which should be his main strength. going forward he's just a joke and has never scored a single Serie A goal in well over 100 appearances. he may still improve but at the moment he's frankly not even a footballer. plus he has served suspensions for doping too :yuck:

Maniche (27) is probably the best DM you've mentioned. I've never seen him in a full Portuguese league game, but seeing him for Porto in the CL or Portugal leaves me in doubt. he reads the game, wins some balls and goes forward strongly, in short he's better than someone like Blasi in absolutely every possible way. He scores a lot of goals (good for your fantasy team ;))and some pretty spectacular ones too. Only problem is that he would also be expensive (i would imagine)

Tacchinardi (29) is obviously very experienced and is decent in a defensive role. sometimes he can be crude and a bit rough but he gets his job done. i wouldn't pick him over some of your other options though. the fact that even Blasi is picked ahead of him at Juventus says a lot about him really.

Guti (29). is he even a defensive midfielder? once again he's someone i've only seen in the CL, but i remember him more in an attacking role or even as a forward. RM may even play him there because Ivan Helguera has to play in defence for all i know. this probably isn't his best position. for sure he would be a more skillful player than Dacourt/Tacchinardi/Blasi though. In a fantasy team he's a good option because he definitely knows where the goal is, but he may struggle to get on the pitch with his club though.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I don't understand why you say Blasi is useless. He's a pure defencive midfielder and he's always, always doing his job with consistency. He might not be spectacular but he's doing what Tacchinardi has been doing for years.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
galactico said:
Add

Simone Perrotta to the list
Perrotta (28) is a bit better than Blasi but still nothing special. he can tackle better and even is better going forward, but he hasn't been great at Roma or for the national team. he was solid for Chievo but that's about all. if your team can afford it, you should really get someone like Emerson, Perrotta certainly hasn't come even remotely close to replacing him this season.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
I don't understand why you say Blasi is useless. He's a pure defencive midfielder and he's always, always doing his job with consistency. He might not be spectacular but he's doing what Tacchinardi has been doing for years.
Blasi just isn't much good to a serious team. he gives away a lot of free kicks and is technically a very limited player who offers little going forward. when he's up against better players he looks nervous and loses his head at times too.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
anyway Galactico is building a fantasy team. all Blasi does that would usually count is pick up pointless cards. he couldn't score or make an assist to save himself. he would be a complete liability on a fantasy team in my view. not that he's any good in a real team either. :D

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Vagabondo said:
Blasi just isn't much good to a serious team. he gives away a lot of free kicks and is technically a very limited player who offers little going forward. when he's up against better players he looks nervous and loses his head at times too.
He's not supposed to offer anything going forward. His job is to win the ball in midfield and pass it as soon as possible. I don't like this kind of players much either, but Almeyda, Cristiano Zanetti, Tommasi, Tacchinardi, Gattuso et al. have been around for ages in Serie A and noone minded. While Blasi is certainly not world class, he is useful to any team. If you can't have a Makelele, a Blasi will do, if you get my point.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
He's not supposed to offer anything going forward. His job is to win the ball in midfield and pass it as soon as possible. I don't like this kind of players much either, but Almeyda, Cristiano Zanetti, Tommasi, Tacchinardi, Gattuso et al. have been around for ages in Serie A and noone minded. While Blasi is certainly not world class, he is useful to any team. If you can't have a Makelele, a Blasi will do, if you get my point.
i know that. if you can have someone on the field winning the ball that's useful, of course. half the time Blasi doesn't win it fairly, but that's another story too.

i disagree with fielding a player who offers nothing going forward though. how can you play a guy in the middle of the park who is not dangerous at all. basically he becomes a waste of space. Emerson, Nedved and Camoranesi can all win balls for Juve too. imo they'd be better off fielding another midfielder who actually has some skills, rather than someone who runs around hacking at players.

Milan need someone like Gattuso more, because their other midfielders (Pirlo, Kaka and Seedorf) are not as aggressive as Juve's, and besides, Gattuso is technically better than Blasi at least. of course Blasi could still improve, but he's getting pretty old now to be adding the basics to his game.

maybe at Parma he was ok because the club had difficulties and you couldn't sign a top midfielder who can be versatile. at the top level, such as the CL, Blasi is mostly a liability though. and let's not even talk about the national team because it's too depressing that he gets selected.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
I disagree about Blasi. He might not be spectacular like Emerson or Maniche that can combinate hard defensive work with brilliance and goalscoring, but Blasi get's the job done. He's a classic DM that concentrate's on the defensive work, he's tough as steel (sometimes even brutal) but he does what he's good at and he's a great passer that hardly makes easy mistakes. Makalele is the same kind of player, but no one is questioning him. Hence Blasi is better IMO.

If you want good Italian DM's that get's playing time, Add Palermo's Simone Barone to that list and Sampdoria's Sergio Volpi. I also think that Cristiano Zanetti is doing pretty well this year, but greatest DM this season apart from Gattuso at Milan and Emerson at Juve is Inter's Esteban Cambiasso. Perrotta is having a so so season and Dacourt is often benched, ditto with Tacchinardi.

·
Registered
46,406 Posts
Fantasy team? Then you have to consider presences, ratings, yellow cards, goals...

1) Simone Perrotta Roma & Italy - he in the starting lineup unless he gets injured, his average rating is low, 5.93, but he has scored 2 goals till now and he is the one of this group of players of serie A who has a chance to score again in my opinion... but it is probable that he won't!

2) Manuele Blasi Juventus & italy - he is very often in the starting lineup, his average rating according to gazzetta is 6.0 but he is often booked and did not score. I guess he won't score till the end but who knows?

3) Olivier Dacourt Roma & France - an injury kept him out for more than 10 games in serie A, but he is always in the strating lineup when healthy. His average rating is very low, 5.75, and he can be easily booked. No goals.

4) Alessio Tacchinardi Juventus & Italy - he is hardly in the starting lineup, his average rating is 5.89 (gazzetta) and most of times he does not play enough minutes to be valuable. He will hardly score one goal in this season but can be booked even playing just 5 minutes.

I have no statistics about Maniche and Guti but I think that Maniche is easily a better choice than all these players. Guti, I don't know... has he chances enough to play since Gravesen joined Real Madrid? He is the player with the best eye for goal in this group for sure, he is not even a defensive midfielder indeed.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
You guys are GOOD!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to go with Blasi and Perrotta. I wanted a pure defensive midfielder. I do not need him to score.

For some reasons, this is the group of players I can have on my team. Maniche is also out. I personally do not like Dacourt. I prefered the two guys above. I am going for Perrotta because a few of you absolutely hate him.

Meanwhile, how about Roberto Baronio of Chievo?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts