Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
steph, or other french speakers, i need your help.

comment traduire en anglais l'expresssion : "jouer avec ses tripes" ? (en ce qui concerne un musicien par exemple).

merci de me répondre:)

·
Registered
40,292 Posts
mali, how are you?

don`t write in french here if you want other members help. me too want your help in my english, indeed. :)

·
Registered
43,066 Posts
steph, or other french speakers, i need your help.

comment traduire en anglais l'expresssion : "jouer avec ses tripes" ? (en ce qui concerne un musicien par exemple).

merci de me répondre:)
Not sure...I think it's "playing with a certain feeling/emotion". Maybe nostalgia or affection, etc.

Might be totally off though. :D

·
Registered
55,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mali, how are you?

don`t write in french here if you want other members help. me too want your help in my english, indeed. :)
i'm fine thanx:)

well, that is a french expression and i wondered if there is something similar in english. so, unless you speak french you can't help for this particular case:)

·
Registered
55,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure...I think it's "playing with a certain feeling/emotion". Maybe nostalgia or affection, etc.

Might be totally off though. :D
so, there is no english expression for it?
what would you say about hendrix or stevie ray vaughan's way of play?

·
Registered
27,277 Posts
Firdaus' translation seems most accurate, but I can't see how that would relate to musicians. I've never heard that expression before, I'll ask one of my teachers though.

·
Registered
43,066 Posts
so, there is no english expression for it?
what would you say about hendrix or stevie ray vaughan's way of play?
I guess it's what I said earlier.

Hendrix played with "feel" as does Stevie...but that's not really proper English; it's more of a colloquialism. It would be more proper to say that Hendrix "played with feeling". Hendrix a jouer avec ses tripes.

Mike Patton chante avec ses tripes ici, par exemple:-

:proud:

[tub]KkhyyESYE5I[/tub]

·
Registered
40,292 Posts
i'm fine thanx:)

well, that is a french expression and i wondered if there is something similar in english. so, unless you speak french you can't help for this particular case:)
:D

i would like to help u. but i didn`t understand any thing of that expression you wrote. you know, french language is dull, doesn`t it? :yuck: :flirt:

·
Registered
55,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess it's what I said earlier.

Hendrix played with "feel" as does Stevie...but that's not really proper English; it's more of a colloquialism. It would be more proper to say that Hendrix "played with feeling". Hendrix a jouer avec ses tripes.

Mike Patton chante avec ses tripes ici, par exemple:-

:proud:

[tub]KkhyyESYE5I[/tub]

tss tss....

she, she sang with feeling :

[tub]uzEJ7NV_g98[/tub]

·
Registered
55,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:D

i would like to help u. but i didn`t understand any thing of that expression you wrote. you know, french language is dull, doesn`t it? :yuck: :flirt:
mais non. you just have to make efforts. just like i did with english language;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts