Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've posted a bunch of threads in various sections of the forums, asking about games in May.
Anyways, I've narrowed down the games that I hope to see.

I was wondering if you could give me your opinion on which to see, based on
a) the quality of the game,
b) the stadium/atmosphere,
c) the city and area
(I will likely spend between 4-7 days in each area, because I don't have the money to "do Europe"), and
d) cost/likelihood of getting tickets
(I'm a poor student, looking to get away for a month, before my final year or two.)

8/05/05 Sunday Valencia v Barcelona
8/05/05 Sunday AC Milan v Juventus
I was set on Val v Barca, because I want to see Valencia/the Mestalla, but now I don't think I'll fit in the San Siro or AC, at all; however, Milan, this city, is not overly appealing, and more expensive, from what I gather. AC and Juve may be playing for the league, though.

14/05/05 Munich v Nurnberg
15/05/05 Benfica v Sporting
15/05/05 AS Roma v Lazio
15/05/05 Club Brugge v Anderlecht
I was orginally set on Munich, but I think I will see Germany, next year, for the World Cup, or future travels. Also, it's expensive. I don't know much about Lisbon, other than I want to see Portugal. Rome isn't the end of the world, for me, but that atmosphere would be great, I imagine. Brugge looks like a great place, and I hear that game should be pretty amazing.
General expenses in Belgium/Portugal?
If I had the money for the extra distance, I'd go for Fenerbache v Galatasaray, but I don't.

22/05/05 Barcelona v Villa-real
21/05/05 OM v LYON
22/05/05 Real Madrid v At. Madrid
I'm pretty set on staying in Barca, seeing the Nou Camp, and my favourite team, in Barcelona. I think I will try to get to Madrid or Marseille if two of these games fall on different days -- some are TBD.

28/05/05 Sparta Praha v Teplice
Pretty set on this. Not too many other games/places I want to see around this date.

Sorry, if you keep coming across my threads.

Thanks, if you manage to give me some good advice/information.

Evan :thmbup:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
zack_manutd said:
Shouldn't you see the Champions League final in Istanbul?
Yes, but that would limit the other games I can see, because I cannot afford more than a month.
I don't mind watching the CL final from home.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Good luck getting tickets to the Valencia/Barcelona and Madrid derby games.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Sounds like a really nice trip, I have done a couple of these trips and had a great time. The tix will be an issue only if you want them in advance and even them, if you are willing to pay enouhg money, you will get them. The day of the macthes you will get them from plenty of resellers, just make sure you are getting the real deal.

As for my picks?

labrujita said:
I would choose to go the Giuseppe Meazza in San Siro. This is a great derby in a nice city. I love Mestalla and Valencia the city, but Ranieri has destroyed Valencia the team and they are too far from La Liga while Milan and Juve are fighting for the championship. It will be a great ambiance.

labrujita said:
15/05/05 AS Roma v Lazio
The derby in ROme is great, I saw one about 5 years ago and it was wild, but Portugal is just such a nice country and a great place to see football. Benfica - Sporting would be my choice.

labrujita said:
21/05/05 OM v LYON
Barcelona is imo, the most beautifil city, the ambiance in the stadium can leave something to be desired but the city, the stadium, the team is great. Go there.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
barça said:
Sounds like a really nice trip, I have done a couple of these trips and had a great time. The tix will be an issue only if you want them in advance and even them, if you are willing to pay enouhg money, you will get them. The day of the macthes you will get them from plenty of resellers, just make sure you are getting the real deal.

As for my picks?

I would choose to go the Giuseppe Meazza in San Siro. This is a great derby in a nice city. I love Mestalla and Valencia the city, but Ranieri has destroyed Valencia the team and they are too far from La Liga while Milan and Juve are fighting for the championship. It will be a great ambiance.

The derby in ROme is great, I saw one about 5 years ago and it was wild, but Portugal is just such a nice country and a great place to see football. Benfica - Sporting would be my choice.

Barcelona is imo, the most beautifil city, the ambiance in the stadium can leave something to be desired but the city, the stadium, the team is great. Go there.
Thanks for the great reply, barca.
I will definitely look into Milan v Juve, instead. I think Barca will have the league wrapped up, too; so, the atmosphere/game, alone, may be worth it.
Do you think I should still try to get ot Valencia, for the sake of it, or is it not that great?

Are the reseller prices going to be ridiculously high, for those games? Any idea what I'll be looking to spend for Milan/Juve, Sporting/Benfica?

Thanks.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
barça said:
Man, you're giving him bad advice.

How could you want to see Barca play Villareal when a Madrid derby is going on? Geez.

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
FigoIsGod said:

How could you want to see Barca play Villareal when a Madrid derby is going on? Geez.
I'd rather see a good show then an off-form team vs Torres.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FigoIsGod said:

I'm more or less set on Barca, anyways: a) my favourite team, b) a city I want to spend time in, c) a stadium I want to go to, d) Villa-real is a team to watch, in my opinion.
I will try to get to the Madrid derby, if it falls on a different day of the Barca match.
If Atletico was home, I would rate that game higher.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Go to Serbia and watch Red Star-Partizan... If you dont get killed you'll have a great time! :D

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
labrujita said:
Hi,

I was set on Val v Barca, because I want to see Valencia/the Mestalla, but now I don't think I'll fit in the San Siro or AC, at all; however, Milan, this city, is not overly appealing, and more expensive, from what I gather. AC and Juve may be playing for the league, though.

15/05/05 AS Roma v Lazio
I was orginally set on Munich, but I think I will see Germany, next year, for the World Cup, or future travels. Also, it's expensive. I don't know much about Lisbon, other than I want to see Portugal. Rome isn't the end of the world, for me, but that atmosphere would be great, I imagine. Brugge looks like a great place, and I hear that game should be pretty amazing.
General expenses in Belgium/Portugal?
If I had the money for the extra distance, I'd go for Fenerbache v Galatasaray, but I don't.

21/05/05 OM v LYON
I'm pretty set on staying in Barca, seeing the Nou Camp, and my favourite team, in Barcelona. I think I will try to get to Madrid or Marseille if two of these games fall on different days -- some are TBD.

28/05/05 Sparta Praha v Teplice
Pretty set on this. Not too many other games/places I want to see around this date.

Sorry, if you keep coming across my threads.

Thanks, if you manage to give me some good advice/information.

Evan :thmbup:
If I were you, I'd go to:

AC Milan x Juventus

Roma x Lazio

Spend the middle of teh week travelling through Italy.... brill places to go. Football will become secondary..... then get the Rome derby in the weekend and fly out to Spain.

Get to watch Barcelona x Villareal

As you support barcelona, you got to go and see them. And the city is one of the best of the world... top class place for everything:)

then go to madrid... then fly out to eastern europe. :)

have a nice trip :shades:

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
labrujita said:
I'm more or less set on Barca, anyways: a) my favourite team, b) a city I want to spend time in, c) a stadium I want to go to, d) Villa-real is a team to watch, in my opinion.
I will try to get to the Madrid derby, if it falls on a different day of the Barca match.
If Atletico was home, I would rate that game higher.

remember to get the air tickets of barcelona x madrid with 4 days in advance. You can get them just for 40 Euros.... now if you get them on the day your flying ..... it will be 140 euros... total rip off

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Do Barcelona - great city, had a brilliant time there and the Nou Camp isnt too bad either!!

·
21,026 Posts
Ze da Fiel said:
then fly out to eastern europe. :)
:thumbsup:

FiG;

Barcelona is by far a much prettier city than Madrid. Vila-real is playing the best football in Spain right now and Barcelona is right with them, the Camp Nou is must see stadium, Atletico stinks while playing away (the wonder boy Torres:rolleyes: has scored just one goal in two months) Barcelona has the FIFA world player of the year, the pichichi and the Zamora.

Thats all.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
barça said:
:thumbsup:

FiG;

Barcelona is by far a much prettier city than Madrid. Vila-real is playing the best football in Spain right now and Barcelona is right with them, the Camp Nou is must see stadium, Atletico stinks while playing away (the wonder boy Torres:rolleyes: has scored just one goal in two months) Barcelona has the FIFA world player of the year, the pichichi and the Zamora.

Thats all.

barca

jus forwarding teh tips you gave me, and read so BADLY :googly: :frownani: when i first went to Spain :drool: :thumbsup:

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
you wont be able to get tickets for most if not all of them

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Petros said:
Tickets in Barcelona arent released until a few days before the game!

·
21,026 Posts
Petros said:
I disagree. You can always get tickets to all the matches, it all depends how much in advance you want them and how much you want to pay.

For example, the Barcelona tix are (for the most part) sold out at the beginning of the season, but some season ticket holders relesase the tix back to the club, they get the money back and the club sells them ontheir web site a handful of weeks (and in some cases days) before the match. But you can alwys buy them from resale on the net for a lot more money, or for a lot less if you want to risk it and buying on the street the day of the game.

I have paid 150 Euros for a Barcelona - Real Madrid game on the Internet and 35 Euros for another Barcelona - Real Madrid game 5 minutes after the game started.

I am planning on seeing Chelsea - Barcelona in Chelsea this coming March and if I wanted I could spend 250 pounds for a tix right now, resold on the net, but I think I will wait until the day of the match and buy one on the street.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
barça said:
I am planning on seeing Chelsea - Barcelona in Chelsea this coming March and if I wanted I could spend 250 pounds for a tix right now, resold on the net, but I think I will wait until the day of the match and buy one on the street.
That would be worth the money.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts