Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm useless at long balls. i get the ball up in the air very inconsistently. i'v recently discovred a system where i get underneath the ball and sort of slice through it, but there is no pace on the ball. how do you succesfully do long balls? what part of your foot do you it the ball with? what part of the ball too? i always see so many people who do it with erase, getting pace and accuracy. even little kids. HELP!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Try using the in-step (laces) of your foot, and hitting under the centre of the ball. You don't want to hit too much under the ball because that will simply go very high and have no length. Try hitting a couple of centimetres underneath the centre of the ball with some power.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Yeah lean back, and strike through the ball, I can play accurate long balls but I can't really describe it on here.

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
To borrow a certain song by Fat Joe...

"Lean back, lean back"
:D
Just hit it like you woulod hit a shot, only lean back like you do when you balloon the ball over the ball. For me, when trying to drive a ball straight for a very long pass, I kind of hit the ball just off the centre of my boots, as it lofts the ball more and makes it straighter.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Something I learnt which improved my long range passing is to try and make sure that your standing foot isn't too far from the ball when you make the pass.

As for what part of the foot to use, I would use the laces, but instead of having your toes pointed straight down at the ground, point them out to the side (the opposite side to the one your standing foot is) at about a 30 degree angle, which should allow you to get under the ball easier.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts