Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As was mentioned in the FM forum topic about wanting a PSG forum, I said that I was planning to get more forums set up in the style of the English, Italian, Spanish forums are, with a main title and team forums clearly listed. To do this, I need to take a plan to Jan, the site owner.

What I anticipate as his reply will be: What teams? All or only the biggest or only the most popular.

Please do some discussing and let me know which teams! Perhaps you want to discuss here and then PM me the results, I just need something to show to Jan. Thank you!

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
That's a very good topic, Debs :).

In my opinion it should be like this:
- obviously the German forum :D (don't know, if the title needs to be changed, I'm too lazy to check the other sections now ;))
- obviously the Bayern forum :angel: (not only does it already exists, but it's growing and developing pretty good aswell)
- a Dortmund forum (it got support from like 7-8 people I guess and there are some Dortmund fans around in XT like Romire who haven't posted yet)
- a Leverkusen forum (I think we can give it a try, their football (or style of play) has attracted many fans from outside Germany and I think some would actually post. But I would make a support thread about that first, just to be sure, I will talk through this with Manuel and Sascha later)
- Schalke or Hertha (don't know, tell me guys :D)
- other forums (I don't think I missed a club, but let me know if so, and don't mention Köln, jez :tongue: :D)

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Well, why not a "2.Bundesliga" forum? Köln, St.Pauli, Freiburg, Karlsruhe, Frankfurt, Aachen (This one's for you, Tigerheart!). Plus teams like Essen or Braunschweig if they promote, and teams like Bochum + Bielefeld if they don't promote. All big clubs which attract a lot of people, and surely have more "real" fans like Wolfsburg or Leverkusen.

Apart from that, I'd only support a Borussia Dortmund forum at the moment.

A Leverkusen forum...what will happen to this board if Leverkusen goes out of the champ league's first round next season, and they just finish on 5 or 6 in the league then? I suppose the board could become really quiet then!

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Well i think Frank mentioned them all....
-German Forum(no change)
-Bayern Munchen(existing)
-Boroussia Dortmund(we need one)
-Bayer Leverkusen(we need one)
-Miscellaneous German Clubs(containg the known 2nd division clubs)

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All good suggestions and I like the idea of having some place to discuss the 2nd division too!

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Like mentioned we will need a German, Bayern, Dortmund and 2. Liga forum of course!
Additionally I would like to have a Schalke and a 1.FC Nürnberg forum.
I know that now only binswhacker and me are posting Club and Schalke fans, but I think, that if a forum is there, the fans will come out!
Perhaps a mixed Nürnberg/Schalke forum is possible, because by the very strong fanfriendship between this two clubs most are Schalke and Nürnberg fans...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Don't forget there should also be a forum for the 1st ever German football champion! :)

:star: VfB Leipzig -> German champion 1903 :star:

And no, i'm not kidding!

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
what division is Leipzig now?

·
Registered
756 Posts
What about a Lower Leagues forum? This could include 2nd division clubs as well as VfB Leibzig.
Apart from that I agree with the mentioned forums, although I said why I have doubts about a Leverkusen forum in the other thread. There will be at least one team for me to support in the 2. Liga next season (hopefully just one).

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Ye, the lower leagues!
Good idea also to include the Regionalliga, Oberliga, etc...

If this forum will be created, I hereby apply to become one of the mods for that forum. So I could at least find one positive thing when Köln will play 2nd league football next season... I already have some ideas for the "Ultimate German 2nd League Predicting Challenge"... :)

Btw, VfB Leipzig are playing in the Oberliga (4rd league) this season, but still have chances to promote to the Regionaliga.

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
I already stated that I´d support a BVB-board, it would probably be quite popular.
2nd division/lower leagues-forum is a great idea!

But I remain skeptic about a Leverkusen-forum.

About VfB Leipzig..., why not open a season thread for them, just like I did in the Austrian forum for First Vienna, Rod? :) I´d definitely check it out regularly.

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
I think a Dortmund forum shouldnt be discussed anymore, it is obvious it got a lot of support.
Sascha might want to moderate it, but since he still seems to have not so much time yet, we would definitely need one or maybe even two persons (depending on how frequent these persons could post and moderate :) )...

But the mod question shouldnt bother us now :)

I am honest, I give **** about lower class football ;) But this doesnt matter, cause it seems we got some people that show a great interest in it and therefore, we should consider it :)

I have slight doubts about it, but i hope you guys can prove me wrong.

About leverkusen, i dunno... Jez got sth personal against them, that's obvious ;) I think they offer the most attractive in germany, they are the on the european floor by far the most succesful one this season and won a lot of respect outside of germany aswell, something german clubs rarely manage

The queston whether one is a real fan or not doesnt matter for a forum, cause it is important how much traffic the forum will manage to get ;)

Moreover, lets not forget, every fan need a key event or sth to become the fan of a club... it can be either "natural" cause he lives near this city, but not everyone got this luck like you, Jez :)

OR cause he gets addicted to the team cause of a certain player, coach, cause of a certain season, the playing style, a certain match even... as long as these people dont change the club as soon as the bad times start, I wont label him a glory hunter :)

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
@ Psycho
You might not believe it, but Köln also once was one of my most "disliked" clubs (though, that's quite some years ago). But I also already didn't like Leverkusen that time.

My doubt about a Leverkusen board mainly is, that next season there might be not that much traffic - Lev will probably still be one of the top teams in germany - but if they lose Ballack, and maybe also Zé Roberto + Lucio now, they won't be that succesful in the champ league anymore. And if you follow the threads, the most people who post about Lev do this because of the CL-matches against Liverpool and ManUtd. If they'd go out at the first stage next season the Lev-forum would (probably) a bit quite...just check how many threads about Leverkusen we had last season!

No question, at the moment a Leverkusen forum would make sense - but depending on todays result, this already might have changed tomorrow.

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Jez, see... I think this match has proven, vs Man Utd, that Lev could have a try... I think this matches will give the club a lot of interested poster from abroad, they won the heart of Europe, I reckon.

However, i get ur concerns... but we could still close the forum then, or remove it... would be sad, but if we dont try it, we will never know.

But I wont push for it... if there is no interest in general, than it is okay :)

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good discussion, thanks so much for the input! I've PMed the links to these discusssions for Jan to check. I beleive this sort of re-design is from his end of things so...we must be a little patient.

Once we settle on the teams, we will need FMs to be selected, AND also we need forum descriptions! Yoou now have more homework to do!:tongue: :cool:

Some of the lower leagues were mentioned...I'm not sure how far we can carry this. If there is some re-designing in the overall site, who knows, maybe we can get that in. Keep the ideas flowing!:cool: :cool:

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
I guess with the current decisions that have been made by the administration that will directly and in a very heavy way affect this forum, we can, I reckon, bury any further dicussion about the future planning for the German forum.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.