Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Star Player
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me take the opportunity to be the first one to post in this forum:D
Btw, today Ii was thinking of the WC while studying:tongue: and this suddenly came up in my head....;)

62 - Brazil/South America
66 - England/Europe
70 - Brazil/South America
74 - Germany/Europe
78 - Argentina/South America
82 - Italy/Europe
86 - Argentina/South America
90 - Germany/Europe
94 - Brazil/South America
98 - France/Europe
02 - ???

If you look carefully, you will notice that since 62, Europe and South America has won the WC alternatively;) My superstitions say that since Europe won it in 98, South America has to win it this time:D
As for the 5 teams in South America, there is only one real contender to be honest;):cool:

:star:ARGENTINA:star:

:D

·
International
6,724 Posts
Yeah, and the Europeans can't win a WC outside their continent ;) Brazil has no chance, so obviously the champions will be

ARGENTINA :stuckup: :star:

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
utopia, your answer is ....

this one.

82 Italia

78 & 86 Argentina

74 & 90 Germany

70 & 94 BRAZIL;) :tongue:

66 & 98 Host European Country + 3rd place newcomer

62 & 02 BRAZIL ;) :cool: :tongue: :tongue:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
That's right Utupia, i've been saying that for years, but nobody thinks it will happen, since it's in Asia, nevertheless Soutamerican teams play better away than European teams..

Didn't understand that Ze Da Fiel.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
It's a pyramid . italy 82 is on the top. Then on the orders of the world cup each team wins the cup on "its turn" taking on specticle that Italy 82 is the middle point.

as you can see all of them have followed the pattern, and if the pattern is continued Brazil will be champions!;)

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
Yeah, that pattern was "the sign" in England in 1998, except replace 1966/1998 with "England".

Of course, being English, I can see Argentina taking only a point (or less ;) ) against England, and coming in second in our group. This'll mean that they'll have to play:

2nd Round: France
Quarter-Finals: Brazil
Semi-Finals: England
Final: Italy

This is if all the other results go as planned. Having said that, Italy will have a nice easy route to the final - their group isn't hard, and to win their group would be to be drawn on the easy side of the competition. Perhaps they'll meet England there... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Italy's group isn't heard?! :wth:
How soon do we forget...Croatia ended up 3rd last WC and are still a very solid team. Dunno much about Mexico, but they usually do good in WC's. And Ecuador has proven to be very strong and can be a very unpleasant surprise if underestimated.

As I said before, the group of death will be decided in the first round :stuckup:

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
When you're a team like Italy, Croatia, Mexico and Ecuador won't be hard opposition in a neutral venue. Croatia will be without Zvonimir Boban, who captained them in 1998, and Suker and Boksic are past it. Prosinecki is still playing - but he's now demanding £50k a week at Portsmouth!

·
Star Player
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Agree with Bastin there:) Croatia may well turn out to be the only real threat.....Mexico and Ecuador should be crushed by Italy.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Very good points by both Utopia and Ze....i understood what you said.

So Brazil due to tradition must win this WC...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts