Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to all Laziali. So ... 3 points between Juventus and Lazio and 5 games left. It should be fun.

During exciting times like this it helps me to remind myself of a few things - BEFORE we know who will win the scudetto and the celebrations begin:

1. Football is a game - a great game, a wonderful game - but still, only a game.

2. Because it is only a game, football is not my life or who I am. My family, my religion, my friends, my profession - these are who I am. None of that will change no matter who wins the scudetto, this year or any year.

3. Because it is a game, we need each other. A game requires two teams - preferably two good teams. Juventus needs Lazio (and the other great Serie A teams); Lazio needs Juventus (and the other great Serie A teams).
It wouldn't be any fun if there were only one good team in Serie A.

4. Because it is a game, Juventus fans need Lazio fans, and Lazio fans need Juventus fans. The game would feel pretty strange if everyone was a fan of the same team. I read some of the messages on this board and I feel that there is a lot of psychological pain between Juventus fans and Lazio fans. We need to heal that pain. Both groups are fans of great teams; neither of us needs to feel insecure, and there certainly is no reason for us to shout at each other. There are going to be some great games between us in the coming years, so we might as well learn to get along. Also, if we talk calmly to each other, we might learn something. I bet that many Lazio fans can analyze the Juventus team better than we Juventus fans can because you are more objective about Juventus than we are. Same thing the other way.

5. Because it is a game, there is a place for excitement, disappointment, joy, and empathy (I understand the disappointment that Laziali feel when Lazio lose to Valencia 5 - 2 in the Champions League because Juventus lost to Manchester United last year after being up 3 - 1 in the aggregate; I hope Lazio beats Valencia next week 3 - 0 because Lazio is playing for all of Italy, and all fans of Italian football, now) - but there is no place for hate. I refuse to hate someone because they play for, or are fans of, another team.

6. Finally (and I know that I do not need to say this to anyone participating in this forum - but there are two dead Leeds United fans in England, so maybe it is worth saying), because it is a game, and not war, there is no room for violence or killing. No matter what someone says about you or your team, they are only words. Walk away. Because it is only a game.

Anyway, thanks for listening to a Juventus fan. By the way, I understand that there has been some discussion on this board that it should be reserved only for "true Laziali". If anyone objects to me participating on your Lazio board, let me know and I will leave. But I hope not - I think it's more fun to talk to you.

One more thing - on a personal note, Happy Birthday (one day late) to Lazia. I hope you had a great day.

Good luck to Lazio, and if you win the scudetto, I will send congratulations to all Laziali via this board.

Zen9

[This message has been edited by Zen9 (edited 10-04-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Zen9 (edited 10-04-2000).]

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Wowie, Zen9, what a great post! I'm impressed! :)

First of all, as far as I'm concerned, you're more than wellcome at this forum! In fact, any other team's fan is wellcome, as long as he/she keeps it civilized!

Right, football is just a game. Our own personal taste when it comes to teams is absolutely not worth insulting or even killing eachother for! It would be great if we could all get along just fine. I'm certainly willing to give it a try and I hope most of my fellow Laziali are as well!
What we all should keep in mind is that we are all here for one great reason and that is called football!

The next 5 games will indeed be very exciting! I sure am really looking forward to it. What can I add? May the best team win!

How did you know it was my birthday yesterday? Well, thanks for the congrats anyway. I had a good time! Lazio's victory was a very nice present! Juve beating Bologna not...... ;)

Ciao ciao,

Pauline

[This message has been edited by Lazia (edited 10-04-2000).]

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
Well, Lazia.....

I think he read your post where you mentioned it. :)

Cecco, are you suspicious or anything??

NOI SIAMO I BIANCOBLU

Lazia, checked your mail already?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What a nice Juve fan! Well done, I liked your post and I'd love to see some more like it on this forum from supporters of other teams.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great message Zen9
We need more posts like yours, and more people understanding that football is first of all a game.

Forza football!
Forza Lazio

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Excelent post...but i am sorry, but that don´t change my mind about Juventus...I hate them and don´t ask me why.

I don´t wanna be an antisocial, but that´s my point of view.

------------------
ANTONIO ROMERO
FORZA LAZIO
ICQ# 10320776

·
Registered
315 Posts
Michel, all this coming from a rubentus fan?

All I have to say to him is.......
LADROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

LAZIO E BASTA
E REALE FOR PRESIDENT!

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Lazio Rulez, let's start using the word "dislike", instead of "hate"!

Lazio esisti solo tu!

Lazia

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Michel, Lazia, Sasha, and Maxim:

Thank you for your kind replies.

Lazio Rulz:

You sound like a thoughtful person. Can you tell me why you hate Juventus so much? I would really like to know.

Cecco:

I don't speak Italian (sorry), so I do not understand some of your replies. But you have obviously had bad experiences with Juventus fans before. I'd like to hear about your experiences, if you feel like talking.

Zen9

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Zen9 welcome to the Lazio forum...all fans of other teams are welcome as long as you keep it civil and not insult anyone....you sound like a reasonable person...very much in the mould of my favourite Juve fan, Glen!!! :)

Lets hope the nezt five games are exciting and the best team wins (Lazio of course :))

·
Registered
555 Posts
I like your post because it shows that you are maybe more mature than some other people in the world (the Leeds-Galatasaray supporters' story…).

But I can't agree at all with you on your second statement, for me it DOES matter who wins lo scudetto this year. My life does NOT go on like usual depending who wins the league. For me football is more than a game…some people have their religion and that's incredibly important for them (just look at how many wars there are in the world because of religions). For me football (most Lazio) is very important and that is a very important/big part of my life.

FORZALAZIO !!
http://Laziomania.socceralliance.com

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ma che cazzo...Football is NOT just a game. Please don`t EVER, EVER say that. See "Fewer Pitch" and maybe you´ll understand what football is all about.
Good post otherwise, bu again and again and again it is NOT just a game. Football is lifestyle and a religion. Maybe even bigger tham that.

FORZA LAZIO

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Now it gets interesting! Please explain why football could possibly be even more important than a lifestyle or a religion!

Pauline

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
For me as well, Michel .... but my religion still Catholic :) :) :)
Even I can't resist to not go this forum even one day (except for weekend) ......
If you were in my house yesterday, maybe you'll think that I;m crazy when I seeing Lombardo's goal ..... I jump and jump around ........

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
I experienced the same when Miha scored at Stamford Bridge. :)

I had a whole party goin on in my room!!

NOI SIAMO I BIANCOBLU

1 - 20 of 44 Posts