Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jeff says he is very fond of the members of the Hungarian sub-forum and is feeling disconnected from you. He asked me to open this thread and post this message from him: :)

I hope you’re all well. Yesterday my mother bought “4-4-2” magazine and there was a piece concerning Puskás. He was brought up as he formerly coached South Melbourne. Paul Wade was interviewed as he used to captain the Socceroos. This is what he said, thought you’d appreciate it:

What are your memories of the late Ferenc Puskás, your coach at South Melbourne? -Michael Pantelidis, Mornington (I live quite close to this place, it’s only minutes south of Frankston, and Frankston is only a 10-15 drive, south, of our town).

He was like a grandfather. The nicest, most down-to-earth bloke you could meet. With Puskás, we didn’t know who he was (ouch)! The club said we’ll show you some vision of who he was but it was this grainy black-and-white thing wearing long shorts and it looked stupid. So there still wasn’t any real respect there but we grew to love him. Seven trophies in three years, though he hated it when we won 1-0. He wanted us to play good football. Maybe we’d just beaten, say, Melbourne Croatia 1-0 in a big game at Middle Park and we’d be pumped and he’d come in and say, “that’s big bullshit, boys!”

·
Registered
79,615 Posts
We are very fond of him too! It's not the same without him here. Especially late at night (for me). Tell him thanks very much for the article we appreciate it. And we miss him very much and can't wait to have him back (where he belongs).

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
My sentiments exactly, Bentex. Jeff and his contribution are missed muchly and I really can't wait to have him back with us. :)
Loving the article, Puskás was indeed a no-nonsense kinda guy. :D Thank you for posting.

·
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
42,192 Posts
I hope you'll be back soon with us :) Now I don't have anyone to talk to about the upcoming friendly between Holland and the Aussies, and offcourse the superawesome Brett Holman :(

·
Registered
6,895 Posts
Wish to see you very soon again over here!

·
Registered
42,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bentex and Elyria, Jeff received your messages today. Andor and Carbajal, Jeff will get your messages tomorrow. Thanks for the kind words :)

·
Registered
42,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jeff sends this message:

Thanks very much for the responses, you shall see me soon. Regarding the victory, it was perfect for confidence against the Uzbeks + van Persie was sacrificed.

By the way, I'm unsure what to make of your draw with the Danes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts