Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided this match deserves a thread of its own. Today is the day that Verona stands still for the first derby in more than 11 years, the day that a city is divided (even though it's three quarters versus one)... and the day that me and my girlfriend become enemies.

Looking at results so far and the table you would probably say that Hellas are big favourites, but everything changes in a match like this, and with it also being Corini's 'first' match back at the club, I believe this can go either way. Corini has played in five derbies, 3 for Chievo and 2 for Hellas, so he knows what to expect.

I believe Chievo will probably line up something similar to this;

Thereau - Paloschi
Dramè - Hetemaj - L.Rigoni - Radovanov - Sardo
Dainelli - Frey - Cesar
Puggioni

So I am really looking forward to this match, despite the start to the season that we have had.

Forza Chievo!

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
In my opinion Hellas Verona is the favorite in this match, they play great at home this season, i'm expecting Hellas to score at least two goals in this derby, last game Verona won by 3:2.

·
Registered
45,352 Posts
I decided this match deserves a thread of its own. Today is the day that Verona stands still for the first derby in more than 11 years, the day that a city is divided (even though it's three quarters versus one)... and the day that me and my girlfriend become enemies.

Looking at results so far and the table you would probably say that Hellas are big favourites, but everything changes in a match like this, and with it also being Corini's 'first' match back at the club, I believe this can go either way. Corini has played in five derbies, 3 for Chievo and 2 for Hellas, so he knows what to expect.

I believe Chievo will probably line up something similar to this;

Thereau - Paloschi
Dramè - Hetemaj - L.Rigoni - Radovanov - Sardo
Dainelli - Frey - Cesar
Puggioni

So I am really looking forward to this match, despite the start to the season that we have had.

Forza Chievo!
An amusing team vs the masters of boredom. There is no need to explain who is who. :pp No offense but in serie A just Chievo can be a worse option than Sampdoria for a neutral fan who wants to have fun. Hellas can be pretty fun even against strong opponents instead.

·
Registered
45,352 Posts
yeah, it is, the way almost every city or town of Italy with a rich history made of old building, vestiges, etc. is.

Congratulations to the mayor of Verona for failing at jinxing Chievo.

·
Registered
12,131 Posts
Form is worth zilch in derbies, Chievo has a good defense, and you never know what the outcome of the next match is going to be following the appt of a new coach. It's easy to motivate in the short-term. A draw or an injury-time winner from Chievo isn't unbelievable.

Congrats, all sparks.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Verona is a very nice city. I wish I was there.
I'm biased but I think it's one of the most beautiful places in the world.

Anyway.... I am still smiling. Hellas were terrible, is this really the same team that's 6th in the league? There's no way that's going to last.

This is the sort of result which can turn a season around, with the change in management this match came at the perfect time, and I would be surprised if we didn't start picking up more points now.

Our next five matches are Livorno, Sassuolo, Torino, Sampdoria and Cagliari, and I predict that we'll get at least 10 points and start working our way up the table. I really don't believe that we have anywhere near the worst team in Serie A.

I mussi voleranno ancora :smileani:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts