Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inter and Juve together vs Lazio Posted June 28, 2002 - 19:55 by Mattias

Lazio is trying to get out as much as possible in cash from the sale of Alessandro Nesta. The recent bids have been of 30 million Euro plus some player.

Today Inter and Juventus met each other to talk and according to speculations of the meeting, the two northern Italy clubs decided that they would not pay Lazio more than 25 million Euro plus one or two players for the Lazio captain.

This in order to prevent themselves (Inter and Juventus) to bid against each other and likely to reach huge amounts of money for Nesta. That is what Cragnotti hopes, but if the speculations are right, Lazio and Cragnotti will never get more than 25-30 million Euro for the player.

And with Lazio having incredible problems selling off any player of the roster, the financial situation of the club could force Cragnotti to accept low bids such as around 25 million Euro. A shame considering that Nesta is the greatest defender in the world.

Well, it is easy to hit someone when he's down:mad:

I cant blame Juve & Inter. They are doing business the best way for their teams & their financies.

Here you go Crag. Now it's up to you. Buy high, sell low. Thats the way to do business. You could even give Nesta for free. After all, he did not cost Lazio not even one euro, so even a million will show as a profit in the books.

I wonder how you gonna get out of this one?:mad:

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably, IF you are selling.

If you are buying, well, it's just "gentlemen" agreement between the two teams.

It sux.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cragnotti upset Posted June 29, 2002 - 10:58 by Mattias

Lazio president Sergio Cragnotti is furious over the news that Juventus and Inter have talked and decided that they won't bid against each other to buy Nesta.

Cragnotti said yesterday evening: "I won't sell off Nesta at any price"

But the financial situation of the club is difficult and unless other players are sold, Cragnotti could be forced to accept the low bid from Inter.

Meanwhile, Cragnotti has received an offer for Nesta from Real Madrid.

Welcome to the world of big boys:rolleyes:

Now, practice what you preach and dont let the B******* win:mad:

·
Registered
8 Posts
If Nesta left Lazio, would he want to move to another Italian club though? I read an article where he said that if he ever left Lazio he'd want to move abroad. I can't see the fans being happy at him being sold to one of their domestic rivals.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Spacey80 said:
If Nesta left Lazio, would he want to move to another Italian club though? I read an article where he said that if he ever left Lazio he'd want to move abroad. I can't see the fans being happy at him being sold to one of their domestic rivals.
That just means that you havent met with Cragnotti's way of doing business;) Last year we sold Nedved & Salas to Juve, this year probably:mad: , Nesta to Inter.....and so on...

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
funny how our two idiot presidents are friends:D

just give nesta to us for rivaldo. sure its not good for you guys but if you see it from my perspective it wont seem to bad:D

·
Registered
8 Posts
That just means that you havent met with Cragnotti's way of doing business Last year we sold Nedved & Salas to Juve, this year probably , Nesta to Inter.....and so on...
It seems like Cragnotti needs his head examined ;)

I'm a Man Utd fan, and if we were to ever to sell one of our star players to Arsenal or Liverpool I'd be angry to say the least! :mad:

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Spacey..

It's like selling Beckham to Liverpool and saying that for the good of the team:rollani:

Angry? I wouldnt be just angry;) much more than that:mad:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts