Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am glad that both teams Espanyol and the Sky Blues agree with the most important things of the contract and he will most probably sign a 3 year contract deal and will be playing at LA Liga!!!not any more 1st divison!!!!

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
This will be interesting to see. Hedman seems to made himself a name during the WC, although I must say he wasn't very good at all :D

I have to be sceptic to this, just like Gollum. Hedman isn't getting any better as the year pass and Aspers stay at Zaragoza wasn't the best one either :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
53,290 Posts
Cracker said:
Aspers stay at Zaragoza wasn't the best one either :rolleyes:
dont think he will be espanyols first choice and asper played in real sociedad not zaragoza;)

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Why would they buy such a crappy keeper, for such a high prize :wth:

And Sociedad, Zaragoza, yada yada yada, same thing for me :rolleyes::D

·
Registered
257 Posts
According to today's edition of Dagens Nyheter Espanyol has backed out due to Coventry wanting too much money. So it looks like Hedman will be stuck in CCFC for another year...

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Yeah, I thought it was kinda strange :wth:

Hedman said before the WC, when his price was settled, that no one will want him for such a high price :doh:

Perhaps he's not the best in the business, but he certainly deserves better than division 1 in England :sigh:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yalle said:
According to today's edition of Dagens Nyheter Espanyol has backed out due to Coventry wanting too much money. So it looks like Hedman will be stuck in CCFC for another year...

Alaves are interested in him to and they had already made and offer that was rejected but they will increased.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Osman said:

dont think he will be espanyols first choice and asper played in real sociedad not zaragoza;)
why not???at least he is better than Enke the keeper that they want to buyed but was snatch by Barcelona.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
After the deal between Espanyol and Coventry failed, rumours are now placing Hedman in Celtic :dazed:

The scottish club containing Henke Larsson and Johan Mjällby are ready to pay 30 million SEK.

Maybe this wont be such a big difference for Hedman if we're talking about the level of football, but Celtic are usually playing the CL, which would be a good experience for Hedman :cool:

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
The deal with Celtic is now almost sealed.
Coventry's coach Gary McCallister said that Hedman wont be in the coming seasons starting line-up. At the same time the price has been settled between the clubs, all that remains is Hedmans personal contract.

I really hope this can be the turn point Hedman has been waiting for some time now. And he'll be in good swede company (Mjällby and Larsson) so I guess things couldn't be much better for Hedman at the moment :)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Coventry Accept Celtic's Bid For Hedman
News Archive

Hedman soon to become a Bhoy (Allsport)
07/29/2002. Coventry have accepted an undisclosed bid from Celtic for goalkeeper Magnus Hedman.

The Swedish international has already stated his desire to join the Scottish champions so the transfer should be concluded in the next 24 hours.

Sky Blues' chairman Mike McGinnity confirmed: "The offer from Celtic is far in excess of the bid we received from Espanyol in June.

"The board are satisfied that it meets our valuation of Magnus."

soccerage ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts