Xtratime Community banner

Hector Cuper is back!

856 views 31 replies 16 participants last post by  G. Facchetti 
#1 ·
YEAH!!

Ghirardi confirms Cuper deal Tuesday 11 March, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

President Tommaso Ghirardi is ready to unveil Hector Cuper as the new Coach of Parma this evening.

Di Carlo was given his marching orders after the Crociati’s 2-1 defeat against Sampdoria on Sunday.

After two days of fierce speculation with Nevio Scala, Gianni De Biasi and Carlo Mazzone in the frame, Ducali chief Ghirardi has revealed his selection.

“The contract hasn’t been signed yet, but the deal is practically done,” he stated at the Collecchio Sports Centre.

“We had 36 hours to decide and in the end we opted for an experienced boss like Cuper because he can quickly help us out of this situation.

“Cuper will arrive in Italy later this afternoon and we will formalise the deal that is already in place.

“We have spoken on the telephone and hopefully a contract will be signed this evening.”

The new man joins Parma with the Emilia-Romagna outfit only clear of the drop zone on goal difference.

Cuper has been out of work since leaving Real Betis last year and is best remembered in the peninsula for his spell at Inter.

The Argentine tactician was at San Siro between 2001 and 2003 when he secured second and third-placed finishes and lost out to city rivals Milan in the Champions League semi-finals of 2002-03.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/mar11k.html

See less See more
#5 ·
This is not a coincidence that Parma hires him just this day that Inter plays a knock-out game against Liverpool, it is a sign for Inter. A sign that Inter will get eliminated from the Champions League tonight!

#8 ·
Good luck to Cuper, great man. :thumbsup:

#9 ·
Cúper wasn't good with Betis but then again, that club is such a circus with Lopera and his men.

#14 ·
Indeed, which was probably the biggest injustice ever in the history of football, we ****ing battered you.
Nah man thats what people liked to believe but back then our whole game plan was
Toldo--------------->Vieri-->Goal

Simple as that ;)

Yeah, apparently they think winning a paper Scudetto and another against non-opposition is great in comparison to Cuper's tenure.

Talk about warped.
How many scudetto's do you believe you have won, say in the last 13 years?

#17 ·
Nerdo did not troll...

He was looking everywhere, anything to make himself feel better about his team.

You know, like oxygen to him... that lacked.

While the other one Osman, went about everywhere to talk about INTER !! :D We ARE PopuLaR :stuckup:

#18 ·
the hell with you all :)

this guy has done miracles with this team.
beating barcelona, newcastle, valencia and almost ac milan in the CL ! :amaze:

and with a team with LESSER quality then mancini's !!

c zanetti - di biagio - okan - conceicao
and vieri the only great striker we had at the time (or do you think kallon, recoba and martins were that great ?! )

:p great coach anyway

#19 ·
s.conceição;6182677 said:
the hell with you all :)

this guy has done miracles with this team.
beating barcelona, newcastle, valencia and almost ac milan in the CL ! :amaze:

and with a team with LESSER quality then mancini's !!

c zanetti - di biagio - okan - conceicao
and vieri the only great striker we had at the time (or do you think kallon, recoba and martins were that great ?! )

:p great coach anyway
:eek: Amazing, he beat Newcastle. Cuper is truly special. :rolleyes:

#24 ·
I thought Valencia fans hated him..

I respect him, great guy who deserved better in his career.

#28 ·
“I have run over and over the events of that year and I'll say to you one thing - we played against Chievo and Ronaldo was denied a decisive penalty,” said the now Parma boss.

“The referee was three metres away and pretended not to have seen it. After I understood why.

hmmmmmm Cuper seemed to be keen to have something extra onto his CV !!

NO, that doesnt sound right. He is doing it for JUSTICE, For FOOTBALL, For the GAME, For the SPORT, For the CHILDREN to enjoy Clean Football !!!

Forza Cuper !!

#30 ·
“I have run over and over the events of that year and I'll say to you one thing - we played against Chievo and Ronaldo was denied a decisive penalty,” said the now Parma boss.

“The referee was three metres away and pretended not to have seen it. After I understood why.

Guess who was the match official... ;) :lala:

There's no way the referee failed to spot the infringement, so obviously he decided against giving it - for some reason or another..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.