·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'm not Korean but I can tell you his stats

1998 - 33 appearances and 13 goals for Busan Icons (Korea)
1999 - 34 appearances and 21 goals for Busan Icons (Korea)
2000 - 20 appearances and 10 goals for Busan Icons (Korea)
2000-01 - 14 appearances and 4 goals for Perugia (Serie A)
2001-02 - 14 appearances and 1 goal for Perugia (Serie A)
2002 - 10 appearances and 3 goals for Shimizu S-Pulse (Japan)
2003 - 28 appearances and 10 goals for Shimizu S-Pulse (Japan)
2004 - 25 appearances and 12 goals for Yokohama F.Marinos (Japan)
2005 - 9 appearances and 4 goals for Yokohama F.Marinos (Japan)
2005-06 - 16 appearances and 2 goals for Metz (France Ligue 1)
2005-06 - 12 appearances and 2 goals for Duisburg (Bundesliga 1)

·
Registered
743 Posts
He entered into the professional football with Busan Icons, ever Asian Champion and korean giant.
gained his domestic reputation through korean match vs Italy in WC 2002, with his golden heading goal in extra time and was remembered by every azzurri fan.
When the WC is over, Perugia boss Gaucci dismissed him for the reason above. then he went to japan. when returned to Europe last year, he couldn't capture his superior form so far.
Ahn is included in Korean squad for WC. Maybe you can get a close watch on him.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are there any other opinions of how he is doing now? How did he play with Metz and Duisburg? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Ahn could do well in the scottish league if he can handle the physical aspect of it. Perhaps the bigger leagues are to good for him?? He is a fairly good player though.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Duisburg manager seemed not to have a confidence in Ahn and seldom used Ahn as a starter.
At least when Ahn was a starter in Duisburg , he scored and assisted.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
dog said:
He hasn't joined any clubs and Duisburg has fired him.:yuck:
Thats true, there were some rumours about him retiring, lets hope that does not happen and that he continues his career....

Should not be too hard to find himself a club, but I think he needs to be less picky and perhaps go down on his wagedemands...

·
Registered
743 Posts
Korea Republic pin-up Ahn Jung-hwan will not be considered for the national team by coach Pim Verbeek as long as the player has no club.

Verbeek told the Korea Herald that he could not risk calling up the 30-year-old Ahn who has now not played for two months after failing to find a new club after leaving MSV Duisburg.

“As long as he has no club, it is out of the question that I would select him,” said the Dutch coach. “I think he's a great player, someone who can decide a match, but I can't afford to include a player who has no match rhythm.”

“At this moment -- absolutely zero. There is no chance.”

Verbeek dumped Ahn from the team which drew 1-1 with Iran in the last AFC Asian Cup 2007 qualifier on September 6.

“I was really thinking about using him in the Iran game because even in the last 15-20 minutes, he can do a job and score a goal,” said Verbeek about Ahn who has earned a reputation for himself as a super-sub.

"(But) it is impossible. I can't defend my decision to the outside world to take a player without a club who hasn't played a game for two months ... and if you leave out a talented player like Park Chu-young saying that he's not playing so well then how can you select a player without a club?"

Korea Republic are currently leading the AFC Asian Cup 2007 Group B qualifying with 10 points after four rounds, two ahead of Iran. Syria are third with four points while Chinese Taipei are rooted to the bottom of the pool without opening their account.

Pim Verbeek’s men need a draw in their next outing against Syria on October 11 to book their place in the Finals which will take place next year in Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts