Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought he had not just an awsome game but a ****ing awesome game im talking about Vitor Baia people. Im telling you he should be our starting goalie time comes the cup

VIVA PORTUGAL
VIVA VITOR BAIA:proud:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Well , I guess he did show quick reflexes on the 2 point blank chances in the first half. Other than that China doesn't seem to have the creativity to break down solid defenses.

I thought Baia was relatively untested, though a few efforts did go just over the bar, keeping Vitor on his toes.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
I agree he put in a rock solid performance. Everybody in the club where I watched the game was saying he confirmed his place as a starter. Though I really like Baia, I don't know about starting him. One game should not be enough to wipe out all of the inconsistency he's shown recently. And, we'll risk alienating Ricardo, who has been really solid for us throughout the qualification. It's a good spot to be in I suppose - better than not having your keepers in form.

·
International
5,629 Posts
I couldn't disagree more.

BAIA is far from being the World Class keeper he was.

He might have made two nice saves...but those saves came as a result of him handling yet another cross into the box poorly.

Did you guys notice how shaky he was on corner kicks!

Nope...RICARDO IS THE STARTER!

Toliveira would be crazy to start Baia.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
I didn't notice him as shaky on the corners. He looked confident to me, stepping out at the right time and make plays look safe for us. Then again, at that hour of the morning on the weekend, I could easily have missed what you're talking about.

One thing's for sure, this game definately helped his chances. Now if he does really well in training and/or if Ricardo shows the slightest straying from his form, Oliveira will go with Baia. It's hard to ignore the guys track record and experience.

I like Baia, but Ricardo earned his spot and should get the start. Oliveira will have his hands full keeping Ricardo's morale high if he gives Baia the nod.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Well I still believe Baia can get the job done, but RedEagle is right. He isn't the same keeper he was back in 2000. If he was I'd be happy as hell, but this doesn't mean our goalies are weak. Quim, well can't really say much of him after that drug test that was positive. Ricardo is a great keeper, but inexperienced. But I believe Ricardo can get the job done aswell. In a couple of days we'll all find out.

·
Registered
135 Posts
It's great to see the almighty Vitor Baia is doing well. He put in a rock solid performance against China. Personally i would make him first choice keeper as he has more experience than Ricardo who is also a good keeper but lacks international experience. I hope Baia can repeat the form of Euro 2000 than Portugal would kick some arse and maybe even become World Champions anway we will find out within the next month who is champion.

FORCA PORTUGAL:fero: :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts