Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An incident which occurred last weekend which I almost missed as a result of not hearing it mentioned on the radio or the Sunday papers took place during the Livingston - Rangers match.

By complete chance I flicked onto Scotsport last sunday while they were showing the highlights and showed an incident which involved Livi defender Brinquin clearing into the stand and the ball appearing to skelp an old geezer and a small boy next to him. The player acknowledged the crowd with a sympathy wave (fair enough) but at the start of the second half the aforementioned defender leapt into the stand and started climbing the rows (a la Pat Cash - 1987) and presented the youngster with a signed Livingston top.

Absolutely fantastic. I don't know if it was widely reported elsewhere and I just missed it but it deserved full credit, it certainly made my day, at least until I read the article about the lesbian couple with the deaf baby but that is for another forum.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Yes, that was a truly unusual sign for a modern footballer, especially because the wee one who got hit was in the away end. It was certainly a really nice gesture, & one we should see much more of. I remember some Motherwell player (Steven Kirk? something like that anyway) nearly got charged when he smashed a ball into the stand & broke someones nose, purely by accident. It would have been nice if he could have had such a equally nice gesture, but who would like a signed Motherwell top anyway???:D

·
Registered
740 Posts
I never heard this but i wish i seen it.

Its nice when people think to do things like this in any walk of life but its especially nice to see the little people thought of in football.

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Fantastic to see, Brill.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts