Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HooYa BABBEL!!!!!

From Shanklygates....

Babbel to make comeback next week

By James Carroll
Date: 4/5/2002

Markus Babbel will make an emotional comeback next week, when he takes part in a a testimonial match for former German international team-mate Thomas Helmer on Tuesay night.

Babbel has missed almost all of the season due to a serious life-threatening virus but he is on the road back to a full recovery and could make a return for Liverpool on the last day of the season against Ipswich Town at Anfield.

In the meantime, Babbel has been invited to play for the German Euro 96 reunion team against Bayern Munich at Bielefeld. Babbel was, of course, a key member of the German squad that lifted the European Championship trophy at Wembley in 1996.

The game will be a good chance to assess the fitness of the defender.

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
Well it's about time !! :D

It's great to hear that Old Marcus is back :) After what he's been through.. it just shows his strong character and love of the game :)

We can't wait to see you in the red shirt of Liverpool :)

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
3 cheers for babbel!!!

HooYa HooYa HooYa

Mar-Kus Bab-bel!!!!!

He played 17 mins !!! short time ......giant leap....

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Wonderful Markus. I thought we will get to see him at Anfield tonite (against Blackburn) but guess he will not.

No doubt, he will be there against Ipswich.:)

paw;)

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Looking forward to the Ipswish game... I might have to prepare a box of tissue paper... just in case, you know, emotionally, burst into tears... :D :D :D

·
Star Player
2,961 Posts
Just a silly question......is there any chance of him getting selected for the German NT for the WC?:angel:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
utopia said:
Just a silly question......is there any chance of him getting selected for the German NT for the WC?:angel:
I am afraid not..the german squad was announced

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
He retired from the Germany NT when he joined LIverpool.:)

paw;)

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
The game against Ipswich is a very important one for us!
I am not underrating him, but should Babbel be allowed to play in that game? :confused:

For me, his coming back to his fitness is a great news, but rely our defence line on him would be a bad idea...

If he is already fully fit, I think it's better for him and us to wait for next season to see him again on the field! :)

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
That's sad.:( Perhaps GH is not used to yielding to sentimental pressures. But he did give captaincy to McManaman during his final few games with us, did he?

paw;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts