Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone read "High Fidelity"? Isn't Cam's behaviour on music matters very much like that "Barry" character? You know, one of the guys who works into Rob's shop... :)
 

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
Joined
·
24,083 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
Has anyone read "High Fidelity"? Isn't Cam's behaviour on music matters very much like that "Barry" character? You know, one of the guys who works into Rob's shop... :)
:howler: Erm, quite possibly an accurate description of me, except Barry as a rubbish taste in music:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,853 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
Has anyone read "High Fidelity"? Isn't Cam's behaviour on music matters very much like that "Barry" character? You know, one of the guys who works into Rob's shop... :)
Barry is my favourite character in the book.

I'd like to see cam toss records at his customers. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,846 Posts
Hah aha I see the simlilarity but to be honest Cam has no grounds to be a music snob because he listens to angst -death metal bands like Cannibal Corpse - who even serious DM heads think are s****. Maybe when he ditches all this teen agro stuff and starts listening to proper music he'll become the genuine article :) ....... You know its true Cam :)

The Jack Black character is the typical non-musician musical snob who listens to basically obscure and critically acclaimed indy, hip hop, pop and soul. His taste in the film is actually good though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,377 Posts
It was a good book, but now I can hardly remember the characters anymore (I read the book in the year 2000). Does that mean that I have a bad memory?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Orange, well, in my opinion Highi Fidelity is a Very Important Book. So you probably should re-read it. ;)

red... I can't recall a Black Jack character in High Fidelity? Do I have Orangeitis or you talk about a different book? ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,059 Posts
Stop bashing cam's musical taste because he is an Opeth fan and I just have to defend him.;) After all, we all know Opeth rules.:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,867 Posts
yeah that film is great :)

the belle and sebastian fan is almost a perfect stereotype of a.... belle and sebastian fan



Jack Black used to have the honour of one of his quotes being in my sig :) let 'em riot, we're sonic fcking death monkey!
 

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
Joined
·
24,083 Posts
red said:
Hah aha I see the simlilarity but to be honest Cam has no grounds to be a music snob because he listens to angst -death metal bands like Cannibal Corpse - who even serious DM heads think are s****. Maybe when he ditches all this teen agro stuff and starts listening to proper music he'll become the genuine article :) ....... You know its true Cam :)
:howler:

I only actually have one Corpse song, I much prefer Death to be honest, though right now Ephel Duath are sitting top of the pile next to Opeth:cool:

One band is jazz/metal & the other is prog metal. How cool does that make me?:tongue:

Oh yeah, & it's super cool having a thread made all about me & my wonderful musical egotism, I feel so proud;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,674 Posts
I must say that Cams music taste sucks badly..:strong:
 

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
Joined
·
24,083 Posts
Shero said:
I must say that Cams music taste sucks badly..:strong:
It could be worse though, I could be a wannabe black dude, listening to rap music:howler::dielaugh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,674 Posts
cam said:
It could be worse though, I could be a wannabe black dude, listening to rap music:howler::dielaugh:
Hm. Yupp. That is even worser! Who does that?:tongue:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,245 Posts
Seeming as though your supposedly so anti-superficial that's quite an arsehole like statement.Seeming as though i like Outkast, Jurassic 5 and Biggie Smalls i want to be black ? You may not be able to inderstand why people listen to this music but people dont understand how someone can like Death metal.
 

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
Joined
·
24,083 Posts
It was a totally tongue in cheek, light-hearted comment. Take it for what it is, not for anything else, that leads to idiots taking offence. No names mentioned;)

Prof X didn't take it personally, my friends don't take it personally when I say it to them, it's juse LIGHT-HEARTED RIBBING!

Sheesh, thought the smilies made that blatantly obvious :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,059 Posts
King of the Kop said:
You may not be able to inderstand why people listen to this music but people dont understand how someone can like Death metal.
Thank you so much for discovering the sliced bread.:D ;) :tongue:
So you said people have different music taste? Who the hell doesn't know that anyway?:)
And there are some rap fans who behave like a black wannabes. Really.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,245 Posts
cam said:
It was a totally tongue in cheek, light-hearted comment. Take it for what it is, not for anything else, that leads to idiots taking offence. No names mentioned;)

Prof X didn't take it personally, my friends don't take it personally when I say it to them, it's juse LIGHT-HEARTED RIBBING!

Sheesh, thought the smilies made that blatantly obvious :confused:
Well you used the Ridiculing smilies.Why didnt you Wink DAMMIT, Now i look like an ass :D Wink !
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top