Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that it would be a very good idea to try and buy all stars in the u-17 tournament...Ofcourse only in positions that we don`t already have great players like ie left midfield Motta not even 20 years he will become so good in the future he is already better than Cocu. BUt we should...

Buy the best keeper in the tournament, the topscorer etc...and make a team of them and let them play a few years in the B-team and ofcourse always watch the u-20 competition and buy the two or three best players every year until you have around 7-8 players of absolute world class with a great future and present just like we did with Saviola he was woted player of the tournament but we should have bought D`allesandro and Cissè as well they were voted 2: nd and 3: rd and look at them now both have had superb seasons and both cost a lot...

Cissè have scored 20 goals in 28 matches and D´allesandro have scored 9 goals in 29 matches and he is playmaker...

We should ofcourse continue to promote home grown players like Puyul,Gabri and Xavi if they are good enough not just because they are local boys.

As I see it now we need 1 goalkeeper,2 Central defenders,1 playmaker and 1 striker and that together with the current squad would be great we would ofcourse get rid of the players who have been good but are not even decent anymore like F. e Boer, Abelardo, Sergi,, Cocu, Overmars, Alfonso, Dutruel, Dani.

I hope that they promote the players that I have read about earlier as well they are Dani, Navarro, Inesta and Babangida.

Ofcourse we need experience too the old ones I like to keep are Rivo, Luis Enrique, Andersson and maybe Bonano.

What do you guys think of this idea ????

I like this idea mysyle...

M

·
0 Posts
Wow, its a very drastic move but in theory sounds good; I generally agree with the players your saying to get rid of except, perhaps cocu, he's a very versatile player.

Definantly we should promote young catalan players...there are few foreigners that have served us as well as the likes of Puyol and Xavi this season.

My Ideal signings for the positions you mentioned would be...

striker = luque/tristan/cisse are all good
playmake/midfield = riquelme/d'allesandro
defense = chivu

·
Registered
555 Posts
The problem with this theory is that young promising stars nowaday are almost as expensive as the big stars. Especially if a big european team like Barcelona shows some interest. Saviola is great and will become even better in the near future, but he also costed us 32 million Euros. That's only 4 million less then Roma payed for superstar Batistuta! :eek: Yesterday i read in this forum that Barca is about to bay 7 million for a talented french defender in the second devision! It is financially impossible for Barca to buy two or three of this calliber plus some under 17 players.

Besides that i think Barceloa is already putting some of your ideas in to practise by buying Saviola, Rochemback, Motta, Cristanval and Geovanni...

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
sounds risky but could pay off. maybe scout the players that perfime well after the tourniment for a couple of months then buy them.

again agree with the sales, except 4 cocu unless we get a good replacement (not van bommel!)

my ideal signings

goalkeeper - frey/ carini
defender - lucio/chivu
midfielder - riquelme/d'allesandro/kaka
striker - tristan/cisse/mantorras/luque/reyes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts