·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friends,

Check this out!

"Non intendo lasciare, anzi penso già
con entusiasmo all'Europeo".

That was Trap exact words which translate to "I don't intend to leave but am already thinking about European Championship with enthusiasm"

Knowing the FIGC, they'll keep him!!! Forget about any hope in the NT anytime soon!!!

IDIOTS!!!:mad:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Trap: I¡¦m staying! Wednesday 19 June, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Italy boss Giovanni Trapattoni wants to continue in the job despite the Azzurri¡¦s shock World Cup exit.

A controversial golden goal defeat to South Korea saw the Italians fall at the Second Round stage and led to speculation regarding Trap¡¦s future escalate.

"I do not intend to leave and I¡¦m already looking forward with enthusiasm to the European Championship campaign," he said.

"I have a contract that I discussed with the Federation before the start of the World Cup. Therefore my future should start with an August friendly against Slovenia.

"Obviously some decisions are not up to me but I think 20 million Italians all saw what occurred and that included the Italian Football Federation President who was right here too."

There were claims last night that Trap would either quit or be sacked following Italy¡¦s disastrous campaign. With Roma¡¦s Fabio Capello or Claudio Gentile supposedly in the FIGC¡¦s shortlist for the position.

Meanwhile, the Italian Press have focused their anger on the Ecuadorian referee Moreno who sent off Francesco Totti for no reason and disallowed a Damiano Tommasi goal for another disputed offside decision.

"Mondiali ¡V a goodbye with anger," wrote La Repubblica. While the Corriere dello Sport simply headlined the front page with: "Thieves."

The paper was so outraged with Moreno¡¦s performance that they even ask the Italian FA to call referee Pireluigi Collina back home in protest.

channel4 :fero:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts