·
Registered
13,401 Posts
she is going to light up your life... congratulations

·
Registered
63,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i do, no advice, i'm quite sure you will manage quite well ;)

congratulations anyway, if i may ask, what is her name, a russian one ?
That's still up in the air mali. She wants to name her after her late mother (although curiously enough none of her 5 siblings did the same) and my mom wants Russian name like like Maria.

·
Registered
55,710 Posts
That's still up in the air mali. She wants to name her after her late mother (although curiously enough none of her 5 siblings did the same) and my mom wants Russian name like like Maria.
Maria, name of the most famous dame :)
let us know when it will be fixed.

·
Registered
19,706 Posts
Congrats Dima.

Godfather Ante is here whenever you need.

·
Gyula
2,478 Posts
While we're on topic of names, I have to say Arpadia has a nice ring to it. Only Dima allowed to use it, sorry everyone else.

·
Registered
19,706 Posts
While we're on topic of names, I have to say Arpadia has a nice ring to it. Only Dima allowed to use it, sorry everyone else.
Anta?

Antea?

Antee?

Surely Dima will have some version of Ante in his daughter's name?

If not, I won't accept the Godfather call.

·
Registered
12,591 Posts
Think I've told you before. Marry/Marie/Maria would be pretty cool. The greatest/most influential women in history had this name: Marie Curie/Mary, mother of Jesus

Elizabeth would be nice, after Elizabeth I of England. Arguably the greatest queen in history.

Szovkap's suggestion of Alexandra also has a nice ring to it, and it would be a tribute to the GOAT of Western culture.

·
Registered
12,591 Posts
And if you're looking for something representative of Russian culture, Khutulun, a niece of Ghenghis Khan was a legit bad ass.

·
Registered
19,706 Posts
Think I've told you before. Marry/Marie/Maria would be pretty cool. The greatest/most influential women in history had this name: Marie Curie/Mary, mother of Jesus

Elizabeth would be nice, after Elizabeth I of England. Arguably the greatest queen in history.

Szovkap's suggestion of Alexandra also has a nice ring to it, and it would be a tribute to the GOAT of Western culture.
Maria would be cool too.

Though I think Dima is atheist now or celebrates only Festivus. Living in Chicago with the gang bangers hardened him and made him give up his Christian faith...one day he might return. I will light a candle tonight at my Church for him.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts