Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Star Player
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't been on for a long time, things have changed and I hope some of you can still remember me here. :)

Anyhow, I'll be waiting for the new Serie A season with great anticipation. It will certainly be a very interesting season ahead. Juventus may have missed last season, but they'll surely be looking to gain revenge this time round. How Fiorentina will do without Batistuta remains to be seen, but letting him go was surely a mistake that could prove costly long term.

That all said, I have to rant on something. Being an Everton fan, I'm starting to be a little bit worried about next season. Hutchison and Barmby (TRAITOR) are gone, but we've got new faces in Nyrako, Steve Watson and Pistone and that's great. We still need more new players.

But the worst thing of all was signing Gascoigne. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :( :( :( This is an EMBARRASSMENT for our club. :eek: Gascoigne is absolute junk! He will do no good for our club.

Anyhow, we need to go overseas to sign players (cheaper than at home) and we need to go to Italy to do so. I'm sure there are dozens of lesser known, cheap but effective players in the Italian League who could do the job for Everton. They would be a million times better than Gazza. Oh well.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
WELCOME BACK!

If i would be a Everton fan i would feel very save:

Pistone
Watson
Nyarko
Gascoigne:)
Alexandersson
and now Gravensen!

WoW!

Ok Ward,Hutchinson and Barmby moved away:mad:

·
Star Player
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, Graevsen, Alexandersson, Nyarko, Pistone and Watson should be good signings :)

But Gascoigne SUCKS! He's rubbish and he will only pull us down :(

We need Stephen Hughes and Joe-Max Moore more than ever now. I'd like some Italian signings, I really do.

Anyhow, I'm saying hello to AMOROSO!, Debs, Alex, InterFan16 and others who remember me. Remember when the forum started out around a year ago? We had so much fun then :D

·
Registered
415 Posts
Welcome back.

I don't know if you really know me, but that's probably due to my low rate of posting :).

Well anyway...welcome back. I already said that...heh.

·
Star Player
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, there's a good reason why I'd prefer Everton to either develop their own players, go to the lower divisions or shop in Italy for new players.

This is because the Premier League transfer market is grossly inflated, and players in Italy are so much cheaper. I mean, why would a club with constrained resources like us spend £5 million on a relatively unknown player when we can get a similar sort of player from Italy at a much lower price.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Its one of the reasons English football is in such a crisis now. Massive expenses on domestic players is exactly what is killing the National team.

Anyway....i am enjoying it :p:D:p:D

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
David, David, David!!! Where have you been, old buddy??? Wow, does this bring back memories! Sure have missed you. Yeah, a few of us "old-timers" are still around....so welcome back and don't be a stranger in my "home" forum, ok??

·
Star Player
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Debs: thanks for the welcome back :D

ilTAZZ: didn't I say that Everton were DEVELOPING players as well? We have produced some fine youngsters recently and that trend will continue.

Now, I wonder maybe some pre-season friendlies in Italy or at least against Italian teams would shape us up for the new season :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts