Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the best 2 teams in eastern conference of MLS. can the columbus crew dispute that fact?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
dc united the best and only possible futbol contender in USA will face tB on playoffs and next oct.6th ...
The chances for TB are limited and dc United had the opportunity to tune up lines in recent tournament in Las vegas, NV

comments ?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
last game of the season: 4-2 went to TB over poor DC....colombian star carlo el pibe was a true #10..and american sensation steve Ralston a big engine all over the pitch.

last game in the west: dallas came back from a 3-1 deficit to beat Los andeles 4-3

next sunday miami and colo fight for a playoff spot in MIami! predictions ?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dc u beat miami 2-0 with goals from j. moreno
tampa will have one more -last- chance to even the series vs. the crew...
any comments?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pre-seasom player moves and transfers:
dcu... let go roy l. to miami
dcu... extended contracts for bolivians
tampa.. cut from roster cesar alvarado
tampa.. traded mau. ramos to new england for a FA allocation in 2000.
tampa.. in talks with club maritimo of portugal to lend linerian musa SHANNON, frw

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ugly star for the former champs!
Not near as lucky as in 99...

Tampa bay - keep the whole roster intact, and the results should come soon
so far, at home: 5-1 win over the Crew
1-0 win over the revs, and 2 loses on the road for a mere 0-1....

MLs fans out there ?

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Palermo,
i'm living in Tampa...so therefore i hope Dc wins...cause tampa bay mutiny is Awful....all they have is Valderrama and his crippled legs :)
BUt don't follow MLS...although i prefer the Miami Fusion :)

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL
Pelo Corinthians, com muito amor...ate o fim.
LHP - THE WORLD IS OURS!!!

S

·
0 Posts
Hi Palermo....I tried to reply to your post on a topic I started about needing writiers for a new soccer website. If you are still interested, please e-mail me at:
[email protected]

As for the MLS, I am a Galaxy fan. I live about 2km from the Rose Bowl. But when I want to watch really good soccer....I watch the Champions League!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ipanemafan, what do you mean by living in tampa, being a coach and following the confussion ? Does not make any sense!

come on saturday nite at 7pm...as we rip the colordoodoo at RJS... I get the first beers at our tailgate party on lot B'

where do you coach in TB ? GNTL or plantantion or Northdale

ahhhh el pibe still rocks! are you POed since he left south florida and IVo W cold ?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the stories of 2 different seasons!

tampa bay clearly put away colorado 4-2, Diallo the forward from Senegal, scored 2!

DCU lost on the road, 2-1...golden goal from xtratime! How appropiate for this forums.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nicko the fool.....what liga do you follow or better yet what country can host the bird of a dumb person like you? this 2 teams can probably beat your club any time, with the bench.

tampa 0-1 Kc on the road
NY 3-2 Dc, on overtime, by the hand of alex comas and Valencia (ahhh, LM did set up one goal too)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tb wins again at home! 3-1 to dallas, 2 goals by the new african stricker, M Diallo

Bolivian, J Moreno scores 3 for the United of Dc and rolls over colorado 5-2 in denver!

The denver GK, adin Brown in talks with with Norway club: rosenboorg.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the latest in both clubs:

tampa travels to NY and loses 3-2, after a half time lead 0-2 (both from M diallo, from Senegal)
at home they lost to KC...overall leaders
yesterday they traveled to Dallas, and won 3-1.....after el Pibe takes a PK and diallo has 2 more goals (now he is second in the league)

2 games ago: Mls and TB's GM traded raul diaz (el salvador), back to DC united, for J. maesner and 3 draft picks (2001- 02)

since dc...win one at home and ties on the road to archi-rival columbus Crew...1-1, RDA has not scored yet. (both teams are missing 4 players on national team duty)

tampa is 5th
DC united is last, with 11pts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
finally they will meet!
july 4th at 7pmmmm
ire works and all, to put the naked eagles out heir missery in 2000.

NY roll over TB ysterday, can they regain winning status, is Diallo the Big MAMA?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
tampa bay is on the playoffs again, this time with possible home field advantage.

dc united plays the last game of the season vs. sorry lads of miami.
2 different stories here! miami and dc will be lucky to keep the coach and 40% of the same players.

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
Whatever could go wrong did go wrong for DC this year. Worst management mistake? Getting rid of Garlick in favor of Presthus in the goal. Presthus has the athletic body, but he can't cut it on the professional level, in my opinion. Too many amatuerish mistakes.

They will be back in form next year, and Rongen will still be at the helm.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
how can they come back ? Under wrongen?

the guy has no talent to teach...and his stars are older than lothar M (as shown on the pitch)....bobie convey is the only real promess for dc fans.

Tampa bay is on the same path....his GM wants more a-leaguers to join the team, and that is a mistake, in today's mls

great final coming up in oct 15!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
locoboy, I prefer to keep all the news and comments on tampa B and DCU in this thread.
unless we get an overwelming response of 50 or more posts!

thr same for the miami or galaxy topics, will you like to start one folder for other couple of MLS teams ? be my guest.

what team do you follow in MLS ?

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
I'm from Los Angeles, and I follow the Galaxy here and there but they make me sick because they always choke on big games.

I have a question for you: Explain to me how the hell did the Galaxy get kicked out of the play-offs? The results were (as you probably know) [Game 1 in Kansas] 0-0; [Game 2 in LA] 2-1, Galaxy; [Game 3 in kansas] 1-0, Wiz. Ok, they split all 3 games, they both had 4 points with a GF?GA difference of +1. Why didn't the have a game 4 or a PK shoot-out? To my understanding, the first to get 5 points moves on, now how do you expalin that? MLS is just to ridiculous, why not have only 2 games (like international play) and it would be easier.

PS - Don't tell me they went as far as to determing a winner by who scored on away games? That's ridiculous! I rather see the shoot-outs again.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts