Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm far from being a Juve fan, but I would just like to bring to attention the biased TV video coverage of Real Madrid vs Juve. Is it me, or nothing like this has ever been broadcasted before :eek: In agreeing that possibly their was a penalty on Raul (it was shown 15 times), yet the dive by Zidane, that lead to Helgera's goal, only once, if it's true that Blasi should have been given a 2nd yellow (replayed 10 times), so was Roberto Carlos for tripping from behind in the 83rd minute (aired only once). I could list a number of examples but I think I gave my point of view. Is it just me or other members agree. TV coverage, should be as neutral as possible.

With respect
IL Diavolo :devil:
 

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Joined
·
63,337 Posts
are you talking about Spanish tv ? they are fuk'd up, not only biased but they rather show 45 slo-mo replays of a backheel in the middle of the park than the actual goals.

yes, it should be unbiased, bring back Kenneth Wolstenhome and the fans applauding the opposition goals. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jern Lizardhous said:
are you talking about Spanish tv ? they are fuk'd up, not only biased but they rather show 45 slo-mo replays of a backheel in the middle of the park than the actual goals.

yes, it should be unbiased, bring back Kenneth Wolstenhome and the fans applauding the opposition goals. ;)
Jern, you probably saw the Arsenal game, but believe me it was almost embarrasing how biased they were. Incredible
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62,100 Posts
Want a tissue?
 

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Joined
·
63,337 Posts
Diavolo said:
Jern, you probably saw the Arsenal game, but believe me it was almost embarrasing how biased they were. Incredible
you should watch Madrid games with English commentators, now that is bias, Beckham plays a ten yard pass to a man in yards of space and the commentator says "fantastic ball from Beckham" then Beckham gives it away and it's a wall of silence. :howler:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FigoIsGod said:
Want a tissue?
Listen, I don't care about Juve, matter of fact if you beat them I'm happy. But one thing is being a supporter, the other is poviding World Wide coverage.
Just a personal point of view.
 

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
Joined
·
45,797 Posts
I saw the ESPN analysis of the Liverpool and Arsenal games and they were incredibly biased towards England. They didn't show the tackle from behind on a Bayer forward at all in the box. They also said Arsenal got chance after chance taken from them when in reality Bayern was getting cheated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jern Lizardhous said:
you should watch Madrid games with English commentators, now that is bias, Beckham plays a ten yard pass to a man in yards of space and the commentator says "fantastic ball from Beckham" then Beckham gives it away and it's a wall of silence. :howler:
Jern, I'm talking about video coverage. I tell you, I've never seen anything close to this evening :eek:
Commentaries you can agree, disagree or laugh about them, video is a choice of the director upon which you have no possible judgement.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pulsar36 said:
I saw the ESPN analysis of the Liverpool and Arsenal games and they were incredibly biased towards England. They didn't show the tackle from behind on a Bayer forward at all in the box. They also said Arsenal got chance after chance taken from them when in reality Bayern was getting cheated.
Pulsar, I'm talking about live coverage. It's "obvious" that reports are "softer" towards "home" teams.
 

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
Joined
·
45,797 Posts
Diavolo said:
Pulsar, I'm talking about live coverage. It's "obvious" that reports are "softer" towards home teams.

Yeah thats what I meant. Live analysis/commentary..... :nono:
 

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Joined
·
63,337 Posts
Diavolo said:
Jern, I'm talking about video coverage. I tell you, I've never seen anything close to this evening :eek:
Commentaries you can agree, disagree or laugh about them, video is a choice of the director upon which you have no possible judgement.
of course you have personal judgement, you have judged that the director was a biased kunt :D

you should have seen the game from Munich, most good attacks were only shown in "final shot" mode, they were so busy showing replays of players standing still that whole moves were missed then there was a quick cut to someone in the penalty area blazing the ball wide, when Frings went through and hit the side netting they even changed the caption to Bayern 4-0 Arsenal :D have you ever seen that before ?

they are all kunts to a man :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pulsar36 said:
Yeah thats what I meant. Live analysis/commentary..... :nono:
Puls, Arsenal were playing in Germany, the video feed is German, the commentary may be in English, Spanish or Italian, but the video coverage is produced by the hosting nation. If you say that they didn't replay Arsenal fouls, they were indeed neutral. Commetary is another issue.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jern Lizardhous said:
of course you have personal judgement, you have judged that the director was a biased kunt :D

you should have seen the game from Munich, most good attacks were only shown in "final shot" mode, they were so busy showing replays of players standing still that whole moves were missed then there was a quick cut to someone in the penalty area blazing the ball wide, when Frings went through and hit the side netting they even changed the caption to Bayern 4-0 Arsenal :D have you ever seen that before ?

they are all kunts to a man :D
Jern, maybe they made a mistake, I don't believe it was done on porpuse ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
O Glorioso said:
BBC during Euro 2004
Glorioso, I don't know if you saw this evenings match but as far as I remember it's not comparable to anything I've seen in the past. Totally bised video coverage. I hope it's a single incident. As said, I'm a supporter, a die hard supporter. Worldwide video coverage should be neutral.
 

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
Joined
·
45,797 Posts
Diavolo said:
Puls, Arsenal were playing in Germany, the video feed is German, the commentary may be in English, Spanish or Italian, but the video coverage is produced by the hosting nation. If you say that they didn't replay Arsenal fouls, they were indeed neutral. Commetary is another issue.
During the Liverpool game that Bayer prnalty (should have been) was not replayed- an example to ur point
 

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Joined
·
63,337 Posts
Diavolo said:
Jern, maybe they made a mistake, I don't believe it was done on porpuse ;)
of course it was a mistake, but they were obviously so hyped up that they didn't check if the ball had actually gone into the net, amazing flagwaving by the dodgy Germans if you ask me. :smileani:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,074 Posts
Diavolo said:
Glorioso, I don't know if you saw this evenings match but as far as I remember it's not comparable to anything I've seen in the past. Totally bised video coverage. I hope it's a single incident. As said, I'm a supporter, a die hard supporter. Worldwide video coverage should be neutral.
I think it was just the crew, you know Ian Wright and the other two. I remember watching Portugal v England and in that game they were extremely bias. However, concerning news coverage, I love them as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Jern Lizardhous said:
of course it was a mistake, but they were obviously so hyped up that they didn't check if the ball had actually gone into the net, amazing flagwaving by the dodgy Germans if you ask me. :smileani:
I'll take a look at it tomorrow.

night

P.S. I guess you'll have a hell of a welcome tomorrow at work ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Night to all, must call the quits ;)
 
1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Top