Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so the rumours are mixed and I thought that the guy was signed, sealed and about to be delivered to Verona. Juventus came in and now nobody knows for sure - or ??

Just as any young talent Carini looked to have the future ahead of him but we all know that nothing is sure and a talent doesn´t mean a great player.

Anyways it would be nice to know where he´s going - not that it makes or breaks my day.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Hi svennis- I'm a bit worried what will happen after I write this, but since you want to know :).

Carini will be loaned out. In all propability to Napoli, but Verona is still a remote possibility.

It will however be Juventus owning the player- sorry.

Ciao.

U

·
0 Posts
Are you sure about this Glen? ...cos the only thing I heard about this matter was the rumours that came some weeks ago.. and after that nothing. Nobody have said anything. And when I say nobody I don´t mean what some journalist at tuttosport have said. I want to hear from some more official person like Cragnotti or Moggi about this matter.
...and besides I can´t understand why Juve is signing this player. You got Van der Saar witch is not that old, and also a very talented player in the Swede Isaksson. Is this only a revenge cos we had a better team than you last season? Sadly I belive that is true... But,but you may have won this talent, but will not beat us on the field, not last season and not this either!

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Ulph; Whether or not Lazio, juve or any other team will win this season is not the point for me right now.
Svennis wanted to know, and you're obviously right that we haven't had the official confirmation from MOggi yet.
he has hinted it and the "From the papers section" in todays http://www.juventus.com says that the deal is done and that he's heading to Napoli on loan.

As you said- we haven't got the final confermation yet, but I would regard it as a 95% certainty.

As for Juve not needing him. Isaksson is not nearly as good as has been conveied elsewhere. He's a talent for sure, but not even an automatic 1.st choice with the Primavera. D'Amico is just as good and is only 1 year older. Rampulla is soon to be 38 years old, and we will definately need another 2nd. goalie next year. Carini is a highly recommended Uruguayan national team goalie, so ofcourse wewould rather have him that Isaksson. We got him cheap and he will in all propability be loaned out as well next year. Then we'll see if there's a future for him at Juve or if we should try making some money on him instead.

Van Der Sar may have one 1 more than Peruzzi in him, but there's really not that much difenence between Juve's need for this deal and that of Lazio. Surely we can agree that Marchegianni is better than Rampulla anyway- right ?

Ciao.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well there is zero doubt in my mind that Juve will do anything and everything in their power to stop Lazio from great signings ( tried with Conceciao, tried with Crespo, tried with Veron and now they got/maybe Carini ) but I think it´s in vain.

Carini to Juve is a surprise but hey it´s his choice really. It´s not like the Real - Barca thingy is it ;) Can´t belive Figo screwed himself up like that :) - GREED !!

Still if the player was almost ours it still meant that he wasn´t 100% ours and that meant he was still up for a better offer - congrats to Juve I guess.

I want to make it clear that in all business these things happen and it´s not the fault of Juve that they got Carini but the success.

Ps. I can´t wait for Lazio to present it´s final squad for 00/01 :) !! and for the season to start.

With no rumours no hostility :)

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Nice to see you being a good sport about it svennis :).

I don't think there's any doubt that Juve is monitoring Lazio's transfer campaign closely. Paramatti and propably Carini are certain evidence of that.
Whether Juve actually stepped in for Conceicao is another matter and out of curiosity I would like someone to give me a link to any article other than total speculation that testifies that Juve infact DID try to tempt him.
I never heard anything from any Juve official on that.

Crespo- well- you'll certainly get your players if you want them THAT much :). Let's just agree that Lazio made a fair campaign totally outbidding us on that one shall we ? It's not like it was Juve who muscled in on you guys. Rather the opposite and very effective indeed.
No foulplay- no tears :).

Ciao.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glen the bitterness and hostility from me was soooo lame and stupid, thinking back now I can´t belive I let the rumours get to me that much - it´s only a game :)

Honestly I now pay zero attention to rumours since they´ve linked almost every top player to Lazio and from Lazio. Not only will I no longer read rumours I will also not read hostile topics or responses - it´s just lame.

Between us there was only great football comments and talks about the game and the way our teams played - I intend to go back to my roots :) and keep it that way.

After all any given sunday no matter what teams play the team that is in best shape at that game wins and the first 11 will only give you a hint of what is expected nothing else.

·
Registered
689 Posts
have you guys heard the latest rumour?? juve have offered lazio 35m for their captain alessandro nesta, and the offer was accepted!!!!
ofcourse it's just a joke.:D
glad to see you guys being such good sports about the carini thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts