Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously:D Besides Madrid, they have not done much in the past few years to get so much hype.

To me they are just like the spanish national team. They are so overhyped but they rarely deliver. They've been hiding behind Madrid's success for so long. Now that Madrid is no more, the next big team in spain, Barca, can't handle the pressure.

In the past few years, Valencia were atleast doing something worth writing home about. But it wasn't as big as people made it seem to be. Depor is a complete embarassment to La Liga. They will produce a stunning performance one week and get humiliated by some french team the next game. Barca is just plain overrated. The man who is supposed to be one of the top defenders in the world(Puyol) looks like a clown to me. He is so hyper-active for a central defender and makes lots of mistakes. He should learn from better central defenders like Rio, Nesta, Stam, Campbell, King - you have to atleast be "calm" or composed to be a good center-back. Puyol is ok as a right-back. They are just fortunate they have Eto'o and Ronnie.

There are no spanish teams in the last eight of both the UCL and uefa cup.

I am not trying to bash La Liga. Just looking for your opinions :D

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
Well Austria Wien has certainly been a nasty surprise for Spanish teams :eek:

Yes, lately Spanish teams have done a little worse while Italian teams did better (a few seasons ago it was the reverse). It just goes in cycles, that's all...

As for Valencia, well they did win the UEFA Cup last season. C'mon, you can't say that it's nothing.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
This thread is stupid. It can't be two teams from one coutnry and 3 from the other countries all the damn time. Football is a very even sport, small countries have great teams.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pulsar36 said:
This thread is stupid. It can't be two teams from one coutnry and 3 from the other countries all the damn time. Football is a very even sport, small countries have great teams.
That's exactly the point. It HAS BEEN MADRID all the time. It wasn't that all the spanish teams were doing great. Only that ultra-defenisive Cuper team used to force its way to the final but it wasn't a great team. My point is that La Liga teams have been riding in the glory of Real Madrid. Look at how Barca crumbled when they were supposed to carry the spanish flag.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
is this the bloke who was accusing Italian clubs and Mourinho of corrupting football last week.

who will you target next week? maybe you could start something like "is the Australian A-League gaining too much recognition"?

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
The A-league will be up there with the 3 big leagues of europe :dielaugh:

I just think the CL is more competitive these days and its no longer the case of the three big league teams being the best. Its more balanced.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
La Liga died last week, please have some respect for it's memory.

R.I.P.

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
It's devastating to see Barca "crumble" all the way to an 11 point lead in the league. :D

Might be shocking to some, but the European Cup isn't the only thing worth winning. And going out by a single goal to one of the strongest teams in the tournament isn't such a disgrace, I think. Same goes for Madrid also, actually.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
ViscaBarcaInter said:
It's devastating to see Barca "crumble" all the way to an 11 point lead in the league. :D

Might be shocking to some, but the European Cup isn't the only thing worth winning. And going out by a single goal to one of the strongest teams in the tournament isn't such a disgrace, I think. Same goes for Madrid also, actually.
it wouldn't hurt Barca's credibility as a European "powerhouse" to win a second European cup. winning La Liga again just isn't the same, but it does show that the club is taking a step in the right direction.

mind you a league title wouldn't be bad for Inter either... :D ;)

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
Vagabondo said:
it wouldn't hurt Barca's credibility as a European "powerhouse" to win a second European cup. winning La Liga again just isn't the same, but it does show that the club is taking a step in the right direction.

mind you a league title wouldn't be bad for Inter either... :D ;)
You say mean things. :moan: :D

I agree with both points actually, but people look at the UEFA Cup now and the lack of Cup Winners Cup, and assume that the European Cup was ALWAYS the only tournament worth winning, which isn't the case.

And from Barca's point of view, this season the League was always the priority. When you haven't won anything in a while, any major trophy is welcome, but establishing ourselves in Spain first is important, before we can then build towards sustained European success.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Barcelona have brought more joy than many of the teams left, you've got to say they are in the top 4 of European teams this season at least even though they went out.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
Barcelona have brought more joy than many of the teams left, you've got to say they are in the top 4 of European teams this season at least even though they went out.
I agree, but which are the other 3?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts