Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have they finished their cycle for Brazil??

If yes.... i say thank you Rivaldo for everything... the bad and good moments..... and Emerson thank you for nothing... a waste of space;) I can't recallany good moment of this so called "footballer"in the NT

·
Registered
238 Posts
I think their time is up. Especially Emerson. Gilberto, Juninho P, Renato even Edu are all better than him (by the way, Edu seems to be taking a lot of Gilberto's playing time these days)

I don't see any reason to call Rivaldo either especially with the emergence of Kaka. Mind you Kaka still has some ways to go before he reaches the level Rivaldo was at in his prime but if his recent performances are any indication, he seems to be on his way. Besides the national team football is all about what have you done for me lately and Rivaldo has done nothing since the world cup.

I agree that he should receive thanks for his performances the good (WC 2002 and '98...exept the final) and the bad (2002 WC qualifiers and the game against Turkey where the ball hit him in leg and he fell clutching his face)

He's one of my favourites especially from 97-01...he didn't have a great 2002 season because of injuries.

Best Rivaldo memory, his hat trick against Valencia that qualified Barca for the Champions Leaque and he finished of his hat trick with that bicycle kick from outside the area:eek: (I actually hurt myself celebrating that goal)

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
Ze da Fiel said:
Have they finished their cycle for Brazil??

If yes.... i say thank you Rivaldo for everything... the bad and good moments..... and Emerson thank you for nothing... a waste of space;) I can't recallany good moment of this so called "footballer"in the NT
I can't believe you forgot his magnificient penalty against Holland in WC98 semi-finals... ;)

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I mean that thug, breaking bones class of Roma;) :tongue:

Oh yeah... a penalty, taht is all in 7 years of NT duty. Time is up;) :D

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Ivan Helguera said:
rivaldo, i miss you so much. :( rivaldo's golden age finally ends?! :broken:
Yeah, really sad too. I knew after the World Cup he wasn't going to be the same player he used to be even though he had a very good tournament. Rivaldo at his best was very, very scary like during the Valencia game when he scored a hat-trick by scoring the "chilena" and taking los Blaugranas to the Champions League.

Emerson, never really been a huge fan of him even though I'm also not the biggest critic either.

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
dont put him on the NT, hes still world class....maybe not for brazil b/c of how he plays but hes great for Roma and id say most teams....great at getting the ball(yes he fouls a lot in certain games) and keeping it, impossible to out muscle...

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
I agree, Rivaldo's time with the Seleçao is up. Emerson, on the other hand, can still contribute, and there is no real reason to believe otherwise. Really... there's NO relation between their situations. One of them had played poorly for more than one season and now is unemployed; the other is a consistent player who has been doing very well in the toughest competitions for years. ;)

But of course, there's a ridiculous predisposition against Emerson in Brasil. Just like there was a predisposition against Dunga until he forced everyone to shut up in 1994; and like there was a predisposition against Cafu until it became impossible to question his achievements. :rollani: Nothing we can do if people don't like a player, I guess. But suggesting that Emerson and Rivaldo are on a similar stage in their careers is preposterous...

·
Administrator
29,806 Posts
I just like to point out that Cafu was able to always play well, Dunga is over rated for his job in some way to make up for the under rated relation made with him before 94 and Emerson relations have nothing to do with them, He is just unable to justify his presence in national team over and over...

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
Patrick said:
I'm sorry dude, but he's not even the best DM on your own team. ;)
Whatever one will say about him playing for Brazil this is BS, Dacourt is class, Emerson is world class, go take a look at his goal against Villareal.

I havent seen him that much for Brazil but my mind is just boggled as to how hes so good for us and so bad for you. I tell ya, you guys are missing out on a special player here, either that or you dont know what your talking about;)

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
JCamilo said:
I just like to point out that Cafu was able to always play well, Dunga is over rated for his job in some way to make up for the under rated relation made with him before 94 and Emerson relations have nothing to do with them, He is just unable to justify his presence in national team over and over...
First, Cafu was NOT "able to always play well". He had several awful performances with the NT, delivering bad crosses by the dozens and leaving spaces in defense. In one such bad performance he was booed by ninety thousand people in the Maracana, in the 1998 Brasil x Argentina. But despite the fans' whining, Zagallo kept him in the team until he proved his worth. Let's not pretend that Cafu always did well when that's manifestly not true. However, the general predisposition against Cafu made the critics hit him much harder after a bad game than they did with fan-favorites like Rivaldo and Alex, whose irregular performances were always forgiven much more easily.

Second, Dunga was overrated? :wth: He was the best passer in our team during the 1994 WC, according to the official WC statistics. He was the leader we lacked since the 80s, and was also selected for the World Cup's best eleven in that year... not to mention that four years later, he was our captain again, and AGAIN we reached the WC final, with Dunga playing well during the whole tournament. How was Dunga "overrated"?
:confused:

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
romafan53 said:
I havent seen him that much for Brazil but my mind is just boggled as to how hes so good for us and so bad for you. I tell ya, you guys are missing out on a special player here, either that or you dont know what your talking about;)
There is another possibility that must not be overlooked. Maybe Roma's playing system suits Emerson much better than the Brazil one.

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
lucifuga said:
Why did Chelsea offer Roma last summer 20-30 millions for him then?:star:
Are you sure that was not just gossip? Because since Abramovich bought Chelsea, Chelsea has been reported to want to sign at least one million players...

·
Administrator
29,806 Posts
First, Cafu was NOT "able to always play well".
He never had a really bad tournament. Single games, yes because this anyone can have.

However, the general predisposition against Cafu made the critics hit him much harder after a bad game than they did with fan-favorites like Rivaldo and Alex,
Rivaldo is hardly a fan favorite. If you say he is attacked way to often by the media, yes, he was. They are wrong.

Second, Dunga was overrated? He was the best passer in our team during the 1994 WC, according to the official WC statistics.
Dunga is way over rated. His leadership capacities are blow out of proportion, people turned him in list of best brazilian players ever, and even his defense, good was inferior for example than Mauro Silva's but Mauro never got his status.

He was the leader we lacked since the 80s, and was also selected for the World Cup's best eleven in that year...
He was a fine leader in the team of leader such Jorginho, Rai, Romario, Branco and other experient players. In 98 he did something that a good leader would never do (the Head in Bebeto), he is not an awesome leader, just a fine one. But the press created all the myth of leader all over again in our time of loss and exagerated it when found one leader.

and AGAIN we reached the WC final, with Dunga playing well during the whole tournament. How was Dunga "overrated"?
Because when is rated among the best middlefields we ever had, or the always impressive leader they are over rating him.
He is a good player, hard worker, strong spirit. That is all.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
OAnimal said:
Are you sure that was not just gossip? Because since Abramovich bought Chelsea, Chelsea has been reported to want to sign at least one million players...
Roma director Baldini even confirm this

A 27million euros bid

Roma turn it down

·
Registered
943 Posts
OAnimal said:
There is another possibility that must not be overlooked. Maybe Roma's playing system suits Emerson much better than the Brazil one.
That could be the problem indeed. When Brazil played a 3-4-3 (during the last WC), Emerson was coupled with Gilberto Silva in the centre and they didn't have to help on the wings (like Kleberson in the current system). In Roma Emerson also has a partner in the centre, Dacourt, who helps him a lot. So basically, if Brazil would switch back to their 3-4-3, the whole team would benefit from it; exception: Ze Roberto, who would have to go on the bench.

·
Administrator
29,806 Posts
Emerson and Gilberto played i think one game together in the friendlies before the World Cup. And Kleberson had to help Cafu as did Juninho before simple because Cafu always use well the helping hand (feet) of a secretary in his history.
Emerson just is limited, in Roma he have a more offensive roll than ever did for Brazil, but that is not enough.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts