Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your thoughts on him?

Personally I think he is really talented. I saw him play in a tournament in Madrid when he was 14 and was still at Clairfontaine, he was by the far the best player and I remeber Barca and Liverpool expressing an interest in him after that. I have read quotes from Troussier and Blanc separately saying that they thought our national team would be based round him in a few years time.

The next Zizou?

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
so was this guy all hype?

I remember him and Benzema in their Lyon days......but I rarely hear of Ben Arfa's name anymore unlike Benzema.

·
Registered
28,216 Posts
The next Zizou?
Hardly, but he has great talent. To me he needs to get his head right as is the case with many talented players. Had a few problems with Gerets last season when i expected him to tear it up at OM. Maybe this will be his season? Hopefully...

·
Registered
27,277 Posts
He was never going to be the next Zidane... It was always obvious the Benzema was the more talented of the two... But Ben Arfa is a very good player nonetheless, although his temperament keeps getting in the way of his development...

·
Registered
28,216 Posts
Nah never close to being the next Zidane, not the same type of player nor the same level. If anyone has a chance and is similar to Zizou it's Gourcuff.

·
Roland Romeyer
1,517 Posts
what a goal!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts