Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From marseille with view to a permanent deal...apparently on completion of 25 games. Good signing? Should fit in well playing just off Carroll I reckon though he can play on the wings if needed too

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
great signing, Chris is doing great with no enough funds this summer.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Welcome to Newcastle, one of the most frustrating players in World Football. He has all the talent in the world but not the attitutde to match it.

Ben Arfa technically is one of the best in the world. He can beat any defender one on one with speed, tricks, he just such a lovely player to watch when in full flow. Problem is that he isn't in full flow a lot. Of the games he will play this season, 40% he will be invisibly, 20% he will be average and 40% he will be unplayable.

That doesn't sound too bad but couple that with the fact, that he refuses to defend and when not in good form, dribbles mindlessly into alleyways, and you can see why managaers get fed up with him.

Still the 40% great games he plays this season, will be able to keep you up.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Well i wouldn't go as far as saying he one of the best technical players in the world.But i do agree with much of Milwalls post.Ben Arfa can be as inconsistent as they can get.The talent and skills are there just hope it's nurtured well at Newcastle.All in all good signing:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Brilliant goal.

great result after the huge disappointment at home against Blackpool.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
De Jong is terrible. A shame, because he's a good player. When he's not intentionally trying to hurt people.

Hope he recovers quickly.
hope so too but seriously doubt it...apparently straight to hospital according to reports.

De Jong didn't just slide in.... he did a scissor kick, there was no need for him to do that

·
I love you Vardan.M
3,180 Posts
The Green One (from Man. City) says me it was a fair tackle ...

Sorry Hatem .. Good luck, be brave for next months !

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
NIGEL DE Jong has been axed from the Holland squad following his shocking tackle on Hatem Ben Arfa.

Van Marwijk had already discussed De Jong´s behaviour on the field a number of times, following harsh tackles and reckless fouls.

Van Marwijk: "I’ve just informed the squad and told them I had no other options. I will see Nigel shortly and talk to him. For now, the focus will be on two crucial qualifying games."

Van Marwijk said earlier in the Algemeen Dagblad newspaper: "I've seen the pictures back. It was a wild and unnecessary offence. He went in much too hard."

"It is unfortunate, especially since he does not need to do it.

Meanwhile De Jong has also came under fire in Holland in the media.

Sparta Rotterdam boss Jan Everse declared: "He needs to see a mental doctor."

And TV pundit Hugo Vorst said: "De Jong is a criminal who needs to be dragged out of football."

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
De Jong yet to bother apologising and Marseille to sue

French club Marseille have revealed that they are to take legal action against Manchester City midfielder Nigel de Jong after he broke the leg of their on-loan midfielder Hatem Ben Arfa.

De Jong has been roundly criticised in the media for his tackle on Ben Arfa against Newcastle last Sunday, which broke the Frenchman's tibia and fibula and, although the incident went unpunished by the referee or the Premier League, Marseille are keen to make the midfielder pay for his actions.

''We will file a claim against De Jong. It's about getting rid of this type of individual from European grounds,'' Marseille president Jean-Claude Dassier told French television programme Telefoot.

Dassier also promised to offer support Ben Arfa in his recovery after he underwent successful surgery last week, saying: ''Ben Arfa asked our medical staff to help and we will do everything we can to help him, obviously.''

De Jong was dropped from the Netherlands squad as punishment for the tackle by coach Bert van Marwijk, but Ben Arfa's agent claims that he has yet to offer an apology to the player.

"De Jong hasn't been in touch at all," said Simon Stanford. "Brian Marwood, who is a top-class professional person, sent a note from Manchester City saying everyone wished him a speedy recovery and sent a gift, but that's it.

"A visit from De Jong wasn't put to him. Brian wanted to visit but Hatem was on morphine at the time. The facts of the matter are he hasn't been in touch and he hasn't apologised. Brian Marwood has been in touch, but not De Jong."

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
HBA is back has been back in training with NUFC early and is fully fit.

Really looking forward to seeing this lad play.....hopefully back to his best and more of this with a bit of luck :proud:

[tub]dCr2B7ecbsA&feature=related[/tub]

·
Rookie of the Year 2007
10,003 Posts
Could Messi have scored a goal like that, powering his way thru the non existance Bolton defence????

I think not. ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts