Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
more fire moro made one more hat-trick in monaco. his performance and the ratio of goals in monaco is as great as ronie in madrid no doubt. should we therefore bring him back next season? and which combination you find more offensive between raul plus moro and ronie? if moro comes back, the one who must benefit is raul surely. and you know becks' centraling the player good at header would take advantage of. the ronie's move is still unsettled regarded as a burden. why don't we release this debt? if so, a seat left will be for moro. raul's friendship and becks' centraling will be happy i think.

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
I think its quite pointless to even consider this. Nobody in his right senses would, or should consider replacing Ronaldo with the form he's been in. And Raul is of-course irreplaceable.

But I would feel more comfortable with a quality back-up center forward, and for that Moro would be perfect, if only Real emplyed more squad rotation. As we don't, a really good striker like Moro would just be wasted sitting on the benches. If he doesn't mind though, I don't too much either :D

·
Registered
100 Posts
R9 is CERTAINLY not the best player in the world now
but R9 1995/1996/1997
was the best in the world and a legend in football history

hala R9 1996/1997
hala Arcelona

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
I´m happy Moro is doing well. But there is no way he can make Real Madrid´s staring lineup as long as Ronaldo plays here, and as Merengue said, we don´t want him to be wasted in the bench AGAIN.
I´m more concerned about Fernando getting a spot in the Spain squad for Portugal. That´s a possibility.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
MILLS said:

I´m more concerned about Fernando getting a spot in the Spain squad for Portugal. That´s a possibility.
Hey Mills, are you concerned because you want him to get a spot, or you don't?

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Fee-Go said:
Hey Mills, are you concerned because you want him to get a spot, or you don't?
I want him to get a spot if he deserves it. I want the best for Spain and Morientes could be it.
He can´t compete with Ronaldo, maybe, but he is in the same league with Torres, Tristan... and the rest of possible Spanish #9s.

I wish he could be in Portugal. He has always played well with La Selección.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
MILLS said:
He has always played well with La Selección.
Agreed, he does well with the NT and has an outstanding understanding with Raul. I hope he does well, but he will have a difficult time making the team.

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
He certainly should be in the NT. The other Spanish 9's are not having good seasons really. Tristan has gone off the boil, and he I believe was the only one with as much class as Moro. Torres is too young. I reckon the Raul-Moro partnership is still the best for Spain.

I haven't seen Spain since the WC. What formation are they playing these days ? They've certainly got the makings of a very exciting team. Its hard to think of a team with a more exciting midfield in terms of potential. You know, with Joaquin and Reyes on the wings, if those two are on top of their game. Valeron and a DM in midfield, with Raul dropping back to support. But of-course, as always, the defence still looks dodgy.

·
21,026 Posts
The Merengue said:
But of-course, as always, the defence still looks dodgy.
Its gotten much better with Puyol's play.

Hard to say what formation they are playing, its changing a little every game. Yoou should look into the Spain forum, it has been nicely active since they added a couple of great mods.

Spain is playing this way:

-------------------Casillas---------------
Salgado------Puyol--Helguera--- (fill in the blank, changes by the game
---------------Albelda---Baraja--------
Joaquin---------Valeron--------Reyes/Vicente
------------------Raul-------------------------

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Ah...its the imbalance in the side isn't it ? They have to play two defensive midfielders because Valeron needs two behind him and the defence need two in front of them. And that means only one striker, so Raul plays up front on his own, which is not something he likes really, even though as some have said here, he's been playing really well for the NT. His best position though is, and always will be support striker for a center-forward.

With the way Baraja played for Valencia when they won La Liga, I would have thought they could have played without a creative man in midfield like Valeron. If everyone is in top form, I think a four man midfield of Vicente/Reyes- baraja-Albelda- Joaquin would be good, especially if the two dm's can feed the wingers. Raul can drop back a bit, and a target man up front like Morientes or Tristan would give the team a better shape IMO.

·
21,026 Posts
The shape of the team sometime has the appereance you described. I think that Saez is still trying to figure ou this best way to play. The reason for the Albelda-Baraja partnership, I think has more to do with the fact that during Euro qualifiers they gave up some pretty easy goals as well as possesion of the ball in the middle, so now he plays more defensive.

I like Torres to partner with Raul, he has done well in the games with the NT and I like his youthful enthusiasm.

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
barça said:
The shape of the team sometime has the appereance you described. I think that Saez is still trying to figure ou this best way to play. The reason for the Albelda-Baraja partnership, I think has more to do with the fact that during Euro qualifiers they gave up some pretty easy goals as well as possesion of the ball in the middle, so now he plays more defensive.

I like Torres to partner with Raul, he has done well in the games with the NT and I like his youthful enthusiasm.
when did torres do good for the NT, only thing he did was miss penelty and disappear from the whole match thats all i remember

·
21,026 Posts
Real_Madrid said:
when did torres do good for the NT, only thing he did was miss penelty and disappear from the whole match thats all i remember
Thats true, he didn't do well in that match. Remember he was the max scorer of he U17 WC and the U19 WC.

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
I'd much rather take away Albelda and use the man for an extrat attack to support Raul (Tristan, Mori).

I think we can get away with this, especially with Puyol in the middle. If not, i'd like to see a Xabi Alonso - Baraja duo to support Valeron.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
People, I believe this thread has taken a turn towards something more for the appropriate for the Spanish NT forum. We don't want to be taking traffic away from that forum so kindly refocus on Morientes.

Mark

·
21,026 Posts
Sorry, our idea was not to highjack the thread but to talk about theplace of Moro in the NT. I started to move down the formation.

So going back to topic a bit, Saez was interviewed today and he said that the team desperately needed a true No 9.

About Moro he said that in France ha has been playing more like a "mediapunta" or behind the striker and the NT was already full in that position.

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
as for thouse who think about a possible return by him. He said: "There is no way I go back. I lost the fun of playing football there." Sad to hear, but I agree with him.

What I cant understand, is why does Saez not call up Moro and Tamudo instead? :eek: He says he is worried about a "9", well he would have one worry less when he'd call Moro:rollani: . What else shall he do than scoring?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts