1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
This is NOT Akhisar!
14,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
if this transfer is true, i think there is more value in getting a quality foreigner in the midfield to pair up with a potential Topal rather than a foreign left back.

Not sure how much money is an issue though, the board have been boasting about their financial situation being stable again (Still dont know if they got the money for winning the championship last year). 5.5 is a bit, but Hasan has some potential, he wasn't great in the national team friendlies and is probably seen as Ismail Koybasi's backup...

He really has to improve himself to match Fenerbahce's expectations of him... afterall in that position we've had Roberto Carlos, Andre Santos, and Reto Ziegler, im hoping we made it clear we want a standard within that range.

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
Well the last 2 we had....Reto was very defensive and Andre was very offesnsive. RC was really good at both and I would prefer that. Obviously RC is an exception, but I hope we see someone with more balance than just 1 dimension.

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
His defense isn't half bad but my issue is his lack of runs up front to support the attack. He needs to be able to do that more often for us.

·
Registered
8,439 Posts
Fullbacks are one of the toughest positions to play nowadays imo. Quality fullbacks can be real game changers depending on how the team plays. Finding a good one, especially a Turkish one, is tough.

For example, ever since we got Wederson, we've been getting killed on our left side by opposing teams with very little offense to show for it. His defensive mistakes have probably cost us 6 points or more just this season. You look at it from the opposite point of view, getting rid of Wederson improved Fener's team.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Dude i would say that he is a very good LB. He played really well in those friendlies with the NT. I dont know what you are talking about. I think that he is better then Ismail and is a great talent to have in our squad.

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
Dude i would say that he is a very good LB. He played really well in those friendlies with the NT. I dont know what you are talking about. I think that he is better then Ismail and is a great talent to have in our squad.
I disagree, in my opinion he's not the kind of full back we need... not yet anyway. We just need someone more complete.

In the national team games he made some runs forward but has no conviction with the ball, and he looks afraid to make a run into the opposition box... We always need options in our attack, we need him to provide an extra one.

Im more concerned about his ambition to develop for us... we've seen time and time again players hitting complacency when they transfer for us.

·
Registered
14,061 Posts
if this transfer is true, i think there is more value in getting a quality foreigner in the midfield to pair up with a potential Topal rather than a foreign left back.
Good player or not, that can be argued. I agree that the motivation of this transfer was the opportunity to free up a foreigner spot. We already got Kuyt who'll play RW probably and like you said we're still in need of 1 or maybe 2 CM's so it'll be better used there...

·
Registered
14,061 Posts
''Her zaman Kayserispor forması giymekten onur ve gurur duydum ama Türkiye'nin en büyük camiasına geldiğim için ayrı heyecanlıyım.Taraftarların önüne çıkacağım günü iple çekiyorum. Uzun yıllar bu kulüpte forma giymek istiyorum ve sembol isim olmak öncelikli hedefim. Sadece Fenerbahçe'nin değil tüm Türkiye'nin saygısını kazanmak istiyorum.Fenerbahçe'de uzun seneler forma giydikten sonra başarılar yakalamak istiyorum ve aynı zamanda milli takımın vazgeçilmez sol beki olmayı hedefliyorum"

Guess it's pretty much official.

·
This is NOT Akhisar!
14,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Congrats if you're going to sign him regardless of signing Ziegler or not. If you don't sign Ziegler then I hope you'll get very good use of that extra foreigner spot you're going to spare. But personally I think saving a foreign spot will pretty much cement Stoch's and Kuyt's position as eternal starters now without silly need to rotate them.

·
Registered
12,992 Posts
http://www.kayserispor.org/haber/25-transferler/3728-hasan-ali-kaldırım-fenerbahçe-de.html

Congrats on the signing - good one, and your yonetim is way classier than ours when it comes to professionalism in handling transfers. The fee is a bit inflated, though, it's €5.5m, but in all fairness he had his contract running till 2015, and he's 23 so...
You'd cry for months if we'd sign him for this money. :howler: Seems that whatever Fener does is correct to you.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts