Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has gone from being a hardcore fan who never missed a game to a fan who just watches for the sake of watching.

Now that negative football have taken over, I don't care anymore. Milan, Liverpool, Juve, Chelsea, Bayern, Greece, Egypt, Bolton. Negative football at its best simply rules now.

Do you miss the good old days of Barca, :ass:nal, Man U, Real, Gala, Holland. Times when it was worth watching a football game.

:finger: to anti-football

·
Registered
7,297 Posts
You always like to change your profile :)
You previously said wrote that Real Madrid is your favourite team and before that you said Barcelona... and now you are saying Valencia

:dielaugh:

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fats said:
calcio dude what do u mean by GALA is it galatasaray.............and i think the premiership is the most boring league of all and i have stopped watchin it altgough previously i used to luv it
galatasaray :thumbsup:

·
MVP
8,984 Posts
I must admit that during the 90s, the mouthwatering groupstage/knockout fixtures Juve-Man U, Milan-Ajax, Barca-PSG etc. always lived up to the hype...not to mention exciting UEFA cup quarter-final classics during the 90s.

Nowadays I don't see the games living up to the hype producing boring games.

I hope this year's R of 16 is much more exciting. As for the UEFA Cup? It has rested in peace a loooooong time ago :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Assim said:
You always like to change your profile :)
You previously said wrote that Real Madrid is your favourite team and before that you said Barcelona... and now you are saying Valencia

:dielaugh:
Barca is a thing of the past. Valencia for La Liga.
Me, a fan of Madrid :eekani: :googly:

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
I guess so. I don't stay up till/get up at dawn for a match anymore, especially if it's an away game. During the unbeaten year I had the incentive to get up at that time but now I cannot be f**ked. I just wait for the replay the day after instead.

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
Well, firstly, I support Barcelona, so anti football means nothing to me except cowardly opponents who insult the Camp nou grass by playing in such a fashion. :D:D

Secondly, the older I get, the MORE I love football. Particularly with more and more channels and football shows around. Champions League, UEFA Cup, Scottish football, English football, Italian football, Spanish football, Brazilian football, Argentinian football, Copa Libertadores, International football, Dutch, Belgian, Portuguese, French, Turkish, Greek Asian round ups, football news shows, and anything else I can. I watch as much football as conditions will allow. Even the current trend towards more defensive football won't change that.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
i dont think the new generation of players are as exciting as the ones in the late 90's. i always loved to watch figo, zidane, rivaldo, ronaldo people like that- in their prime. now, i dont feel theres such a rich variety of players like these

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Since i were a little racal i have been interested in United. The seasons 97/98 and 98/99 i used follow everything United. Until 2 seasons ago i followed the team but not as much as i have done in the past. In the last 3 seasons with aid of the Internet i have been able to find out about Football more and have really got interested back into it. I am interested in more than just United now.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Gordy said:
Since i were a little racal i have been interested in United. The seasons 97/98 and 98/99 i used follow everything United. Until 2 seasons ago i followed the team but not as much as i have done in the past. In the last 3 seasons with aid of the Internet i have been able to find out about Football more and have really got interested back into it. I am interested in more than just United now.
Same, but i started supporting United in 1995/1996.

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
For the first time in a long time I find myself nodding in agreement with calcio100's suggestion. I've been bored of football for a while now, basically only getting excited once every 2 years for the World Cup and the European Championships. I haven't really cared about club football much since Bosman came into football. To a neutral, nothing's more insignificant than watching a league game with hardly any locals in either team. Call it what you will, this musical chair nature of players changing clubs at the drop of a coin has damaged the sport for good.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Liverpool v Milan in the final last year was the best football match I've seen in a long time (possibly ever). So for me football has not gotten worse and I have not lost interest. Of course, being a Liverpool fan, I'm a bit biased towards that match.

-Scott

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
I really can't be bothered with the sport anymore. I watch my team play, but that's as far as my interest stretches nowadays. World Cup? Bleh, wake me up in the semis.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
My interest has gone down a lot. I won't wake up in the middle of the night just to watch a CL final, World cup final or Euro final anymore. Just watching the highlights will do. Of course I will still watch when a match is on when I'm awake. I guess in 2 to 3 years, I will give up the sport completely.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts