Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only 9 league goals this season. Does the 25 league goals for Henry embarass the english public and his fans after all the fuss after the euro. An old timer like A.Cole has more goals than him

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
FFS After Van der Vaart (21) and Rooney (19) which washed up old player can we discuss next?

Maybe we can try "Why did Messi never live up to the hype?", after all he's even played a couple of first team games now ;)

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Rooney has been really good this season, of course his game shouldn't be judged in goals only as to most people that see him he is a kinda allrounder, attacking midfieler, winger and forward in one player.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Vagabondo said:
FFS After Van der Vaart (21) and Rooney (19) which washed up old player can we discuss next?

Maybe we can try "Why did Messi never live up to the hype?", after all he's even played a couple of first team games now ;)
When was Messi ever hyped :rollani: You can put their years in brackets for all I care, but this is the guy who is supposedly already ruling the football world.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jern Lizardhous said:
Rooney has been really good this season, of course his game shouldn't be judged in goals only as to most people that see him he is a kinda allrounder, attacking midfieler, winger and forward in one player.
Isn't this the role Diouf had in Liverpool. Even Heskeys' role was a support striker but you guys never failed to point out thier lack of goals. Double standard my friend

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
papa said:
Isn't this the role Diouf had in Liverpool. Even Heskeys' role was a support striker but you guys never failed to point out thier lack of goals. Double standard my friend
no Diouf's role was to hold the ball, run with his head down until the ball went out for a goal kick.

Heskey's role was to attempt to control the ball and watch as it ran 10 yards off his boot. ;)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jern Lizardhous said:
no Diouf's role was to hold the ball, run with his head down until the ball went out for a goal kick.

Heskey's role was to attempt to control the ball and watch as it ran 10 yards off his boot. ;)
Amazing how a better manager has found out how to effectively use Diouf. Not this overrated managers for big teams who rely on splashing money to win titles.

The point here is that when Rooney scored less than 10 league goals in a season in everton, you guys were quick to tell us that he plays in a weaker team and he will explode in a big team. He joined United, hit one of his trademark long-range-shots-with-eyes-closed and got a hattrick against a poor Fener team. That surely raised your hopes. In no time, Man U were fighting in the middle of the table. And the first test against a good team in ucl sent him packing to Manchester. Goals in euro have surely given most people false hope. It was only croatia and swirtzerland ffs. He did zilch against France and faked an injury against Portugal

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
papa said:
When was Messi ever hyped :rollani:
Everytime I hear about some 17 year old who has hardly even played a first team game as a star of the future I would consider that as hype. Since you are a regular poster int the Spanish forums please do not waste your time trying to tell me that Messi does not fall very much into this category in the opinion of many esteemed Xtra-timers. :star:

papa said:
You can put their years in brackets for all I care, but this is the guy who is supposedly already ruling the football world.
Papacalcio, thankyou for allowing me this particular luxury :rollani:

Am I also allowed to start making all these pointless threads too, or is that still strictly the domain of the Xtra-time elite? ;)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Vagabondo said:
Am I also allowed to start making all these pointless threads too, or is that still strictly the domain of the Xtra-time elite? ;)
Don't bother. You openned a thread called Considerations in the roma forum and you got only 1 reply. You did the right thing and stopped opening new threads.

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
Does anyone else think it might be all over for Jean Carlos Chera? Imo he hasn't lived up to the hype. :(

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
papa said:
Don't bother. You openned a thread called Considerations in the roma forum and you got only 1 reply. You did the right thing and stopped opening new threads.
Thank you for your research man. I was expressing my point of view at the time more than trying to start a discussion, but it has become apparent that my thread has now achieved historical status for you too. It truly surpassed all expectations :proud: :D

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
He is English, Thats it, no matter how good he will become the attention and hype will be over the top, I know its annoying but you have to ignore that and just see that he is a class talent.

At the end of the day the media is just using him, He isn't asking for it and compared to Beckhamania this is not so bad.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
it is all because at arsenal only 1 person scores at united we have alot of people who can score. But he has lived up 2 expectations as he has assited many goals

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pumba said:
it is all because at arsenal only 1 person scores at united we have alot of people who can score. But he has lived up 2 expectations as he has assited many goals
Wrong in the number of assists. he has only 3 assists in the league. That greedy guy assisting anyone. Do you remember how he failed to pass to Vasell in the euro.

ST GL SH SG AS FC FS OFF YC RC
18 9- 71- 43 3- 24- 20 13- 5-- 0
Look at the number of shots 71

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
"papa" are you actually trying to say you check your facts properly before you post your usual bull$hit or something yourself?

not so long ago you were saying that i stopped opening threads after my first one. But as you apparently went out of your way to check my profile, you should really have noticed I have opened another 2 since then.:eekani: :rollani:

Anyway it's not like you to let the facts get in the way of you trying to make a point, so if Pumba happens to say something that's not quite right you really can't afford to get on your high horse over it. hypocrite :thmbdown:

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
As a united fan i can assure you that rooney has lived upto expectation. He plays the role of a midfielder than that of a pure striker in united.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Even though I dislike Shrek for being a chavish cvnt, anyone who fails to see a great player in him is blind. He's too young to ask whether he has liven up to the expectations or not. And he hasn't done bad either as his all around game is very important for Man Utd. Give the guy a couple of years and he'll probably be the very best player in the world.

·
Registered
555 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
Even though I dislike Shrek for being a chavish cvnt, anyone who fails to see a great player in him is blind. He's too young to ask whether he has liven up to the expectations or not. And he hasn't done bad either as his all around game is very important for Man Utd. Give the guy a couple of years and he'll probably be the very best player in the world.
i agree :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 200 Posts