Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After winning the Champions League against all the odds last season yet bowing out quite early this time around and struggling in the league to find some form of late have Liverpool underachieved this season?Or was it rather expected that this would happen given the tough opposition and the squad they had and the pressures the had to live up to being the European Champions.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
they have become more solid and more consistent, but the board need to back them to bring in a couple of top class players that can add some magic to their attack and also finish the job.

I didn't expect more with the squad they have, though i did think morientes would do better than he has.

·
Second Place Winner February Photo Contest
2,631 Posts
Just goes to show you - you actually need strikers to win games; and since Liverpool have none worth mentioning, it's no surprise they had such trouble scoring against Benfica. However, a clever signing or two in the summer and it could be a different story next year..

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
I think this is the true level they are at. I don't think they were truly as good as to win the CL on quality alone. They have an appalling strike force and IMO the full back areas could be strengthened. The midfield is strong but probably lacks a little creativity at times, it's more of an overpowering midfield than a creative one.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
If Liverpool hadnt have won the CL last season, it would have been worse than this one. Depends which part of the season you base it on, the cups or the league.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
They have over-achieved, I can't believe they are still third.

BTW, if Gerrard leaves they will become a mid table side.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Red Bed said:

What about if Kewell leaves? :googly: :eekani:

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Red Bed said:

comparison to this i think man u also over achieved this season by winning league...trully to say they no capable of doing it :finger: :smile:

if no rooney or RVN u will struggle like sunderland.... :howler:

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I think we're at the expected level in the league considering our strikeforce, but we did underachieve on CL.

The team still needs to adress some issues. A couple of strikers, a proper defencive midfielder to put next to Xabi Alonso and Gerrard and a proper righr winger would improve the team significantly.

Rafa needs money.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Bandiera said:
He's got a big head but IMO he's as good as what Gerrard is.
Kewell as good as Gerrard, come on then Schumy, start a thread on it and embarrass yourself! :jester:

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Doing just as expected with a totally unreliable attack. If they buy a forward and a wuality playamaker, Liverpool can start to be a threat.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
They overachieved last season. I think Benitez can't do anymore with the players he has. If Liverpool want to give a step forward, they need to reinforce several positions. The base is good, the coach is good, they just need some quality.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts