Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas has bizarrely admitted that it would be "spectacular" if Gunners skipper joined Barcelona.

The young Spaniard told The Mirror: "To see him there would be incredible -this is what everybody wants. Right now things are going well for Henry here, but we shall see what happens in the future.

"It is clear that everyone would like to see Henry play for Barcelona because, well, it would be a spectacular thing to see him there alongside the players they have.”

Expect a 'I never said them things' press release to be emanating from Highbury before the weekend is up.

Chelski, though, may be interested to hear the 18-year-old's observation on the joys of watching the champions in action.

"If you watch Chelsea they play such boring football you could doze off. I watch Barca on TV quite regularly and it's easy to enjoy — Chelsea may be effective but they play boring football," he apparently told a Barcelona radio station.

Perhaps he should consider joining Thierry in Spain next season...

................................................................................

someone have a word, Fabregas stopped playing for Barcelona 3 years ago :nono:

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
It's a win-win situation for the kid, if Henry stays it will help Arsenal and if Henry goes to Barca it will improve Fabregas' boyhood team. :undecide:

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ILA said:
Fabregas has lost his mind, perhaps cracking under the pressure of shouldering so much responsibility?
I know he supports them but this is ridiculous. :fero:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Quite the loyalty towards Arsenal from Cesc, but hey, at least he still roots for Barca, where he grew up and learned everything. He would love to see his favourite team sign TH, so what. It's like that wish all men have with Charlize Theron :)

And it's not exactly as if no-one has mentioned stuff like this before.

Could've been worse rumours flying around imo...Henry to Inter? Henry to Chelski :irritate:

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
someone have a word, Fabregas stopped playing for Barcelona 3 years ago :nono:
:howler:

This is scandalous, what the fvck is Cesc doing. :mad:

I know he still supports Barcelona but maybe now his real feelings have come out? :eekani:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Red Bed said:
It's a win-win situation for the kid, if Henry stays it will help Arsenal and if Henry goes to Barca it will improve Fabregas' boyhood team. :undecide:

I completely agree with you, but maybe he shouldn't have spoken about current teammates.

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Red Bed said:
it's not win-win at all, he is an Arsenal player.

personally if Henry does leave then i'd want him to go to a team like Barca who play really good football but i am still hoping like fuk that he stays.

I think Fabregas is showing his age here, being very naive, what next ? "Kolo is a really good defender and Barcelona need another good defender, if Barca got him they would be even better and that's what everyone wants to see" :D

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
I think Fabregas is showing his age here, being very naive, what next ? "Kolo is a really good defender and Barcelona need another good defender, if Barca got him they would be even better and that's what everyone wants to see" :D
LMAO.

Gold. :dielaugh:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
it's not win-win at all, he is an Arsenal player.

personally if Henry does leave then i'd want him to go to a team like Barca who play really good football but i am still hoping like fuk that he stays.

Your feelings are exactly like Cesc's then? I'm guessing that he was talking about possible teams SHOULD Henry leave, and then stated it would be spectacular to see him at Barca.

Clumsiness in interviews is not age-bound. Wasn't there also an interview with Petit who wanted to see Overmars at Barca
:devil: :)

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you are right but i doubt i could be that clumsy in an interview, naive or thick? i don't think he's thick.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
you are right but i doubt i could be that clumsy in an interview, naive or thick? i don't think he's thick.
Nor do I. Footballers are always a) giving interviews, saying nothing at all.B) shocking the hell out of people with the stupid things they say.

But I would have to agree with you that his quote is strange since it is about a fellow Arsenal player.

A bit off topic but since you seem to be the Arsenal-expert down here, how do you rate Cesc?

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
last year playing in a stable side he was the best 17 year old midfilder i have ever seen, this year he is still our best midfielder by a mile but he has too much responsibility with the senior pros all playing rubbish.

he's 100% guaranteed to be a star providing he stays injury free and keeps working hard.

·
Registered
62 Posts

But obviously not good enough to make you forget the man in your avatar?
What a player that was for you guys.

Did you know he was once in a carcrash with Weah during his Milan years?

At the next european championships, the rumours about him will resurface?
"Cesc to Barca, would be great for him" or if he doesn't stay injury free "cesc to rushden, would be great for them and him" :)

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
when i first saw Vieira he was th best 20 year old midfielder i had seen, if anything Vieira had his best years between 22-25 when he was a force of nature, he had to change his game though as he kept getting sent off.

Cesc to Barca is a horrible reality to me, just as he hits his peak period probably. :cry:

·
Registered
485 Posts

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
blimey the Mirror blatantly lying 2 times in 2 days? can it be true?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts