Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find anywhere. 'Preciate it if someone can outline the points made by our esteemed ex FPF VP.

·
Registered
10 Posts
is this it?:

Portugal coach Antonio Oliveira and football federation chief Gilberto Madail have been blamed for the country's early World Cup exit.

An official report by former federation vice-president Antonio Boronha puts the Far East failure down to a series of personal spats and Oliveira's obsession with superstition.

Boronha claims significant changes by the coach after the qualification stage, when assistants Jose Romao and Rui Cacador were fired and Neca was introduced as the new No 2, wrecked spirit in the camp.

Oliveira is also alleged to have fallen out with director of staff Carlos Godinho in April, leaving logistical plans for the World Cup in disarray.

Boronha suggests that Oliveira insisted on Godinho having no contact with the players, although Madail begged the director of staff to continue to behave as normal in order to save face.

The coach is reported to have "blackmailed" Madail by trying to negotiate a new contract and bonuses just prior to the World Cup, then humiliated the medical department by blaming them for Kenedy's positive dope test in front of the whole squad.

Boronha claims the doctors wanted to leave the training camp in Macao immediately and return to Portugal, but Madail persuaded them to stay.

Oliveira's superstition about the No 4 also comes to light. He is said to have insisted on using the delegation chief's chair as it had the "lucky number" on the back.

And Oliveira and Neca are accused of breaking squad rules by leaving the team hotel in Macau on the last day before departing for Korea, then arriving back at 4am after sitting on the beach into the early hours of the morning.

In another episode, Oliveira allegedly cancelled training to go on a shopping trip to China, while a 52-minute meeting with the squad after their 3-2 defeat by the USA is reported to have been solely about Boronha's "destabilising attitude".

The former federation vice-president concludes by citing Madail for protecting Oliveira throughout and proving lax on discipline, despite knowing the squad were on the verge of breakdown.

For his part, Boronha describes himself as "naive" for believing in people with "no use in society".

Oliveira is expected to hear his fate later this week.

http://www.onefootball.com/index.phtml?page=fullstory&country_id=37&newsid=116549&

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Oliveira!!! U MUTHA FU*KA!!!!! Now another question arises.... Who is worse Oliveira or Artur Jorge?

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I have been trying to gather as much info about this fiasco as I possibly can. I have not posted here since I've gotten back because I waiting to see how this BS all plays out. In due time, like all of you, I will post my feelings about what has happened, but it's taken me sometime to come to grips with everything.

As for Borunha's report, I would first advise everyone to disregard what was written on onefootball.com. While some of the things written were in the report, alot of things are just false (i.e. Caçador and Romao were not fired after the qualifying stages). Here are some of the info from the report that I have found so far:

*As time went on, there was a serious split in the coaching staff. After Neca's appointment, Cacador and Romao's roles were slightly diminished. As time went on, it got so bad that Cacador/Romao were barely speaking to Oliveira by the time they got to Korea.

*Oliveira didn't want Godinho around because he felt he was a "spy" for Carlos Queiros. (It should also be noted that both Cacador and Romao were close to Queiros as well). (Additional Note: It's been claimed in various reports that after Euro2000, the player's choice to replace Coelho was in fact Queiros.)

*No one on the coaching staff, except Oliveira, knew who the final 23 players would be until they were announced.

*When Kenedy's doping came back positive, there was an early indication that Oliveira wanted to cover it up, but the Medical staff threatened to leave Macau unless Kenedy was sent home. Then, in a meeting with the players, Oliveira tried to lay the blame on the medical staff for the doping test.

*On the team's only day off in Macau, Oliveira convinced the entire team that it would be best to take a guided tour of the entire city of Macau, though the players originally wanted to go out on their own. As the tour bus was leaving, Oliveira showed up 45 mintues late, after he himself had gone shopping in China.

*On the night of Neca's birthday, Oliveira and Silvino (the goalie coach) took Neca out to dinner to celebrate. After dinner, they claimed to have gone to the beach and stayed their talking till 4 a.m.

*While Korea, there again was controversy about the players could and could not do during their "down-time".

*Oliveira claimed to have watched dozens of tapes of the US team. However, the team was only shown a 40 minute clip of one game. And, after that clip, there was no discussion whatsoever. They was even less video analysis of Poland and Korea.

*While in Korea, not once did Oliveira have the team practice set pieces.

*Jorge Soares (sp) was the man in charge of warming up the players prior to games. However, before the Poland, Oliveira instructed Cacador to this. This angered and embarassed Soares in front of the entire team.

*Before the Poland game, Oliveira told at least 15 different players that they would be starting.

This is just some of the stuff I have found in the papers. Again, I don't know what's false or true. Also, this is only one person's side, so I am holding judgement till I hear everything. It's in situations like this one that I find myself quoting Cicero, "Let Justice be served lest the Heavens fall".

If you want to find anything on line, check out Maisfutebol.com and the Record since they both have archives.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Soccer Star said:
Oliveira!!! U MUTHA FU*KA!!!!! Now another question arises.... Who is worse Oliveira or Artur Jorge?
The answer is both since They're both part of the same Mafioso cancer that infects Portuguese Soccer.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm inclined to believe everything negative of Oliveira. He appears to be the baffoon ( times nth degree) he leads everyone to believe.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
I telling you this is all about everything. Business, politics, money, and personal agenda. Just as Artur Jorge disliked players on the Portuguese National team, Oliveira did aswell. If I think about it... I remember hearing Artur Jorge say that the Portuguese national team players are no good. How can you say that about the players you are coaching. This guy is ****en stupid!!! But you know who is even stupider(if that is even a word), the FPF for signing a guy whos attitude is like that. From what I heard Oliveira had some personal aggression with Rui Costa, or so I heard. The thing is that he should have never taken him out of the starting line-up. He may have had a terrible season, but he still manage to score a goal. Why not Figo? Figo is the best player on the team, but he was doing terrible in every game, and it looked as he had never recovered from the ankle injury, he was not the same. Figo should have been taken out of the starting line-up.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
I should've known. With other teams their would be some kind of grandiose reason for the disaster. With us it comes down to superstition and shopping. Honestly, these spats sound like the type of thing that would break out between my uncle and dad when they'd had a few too many, not like factors that would scuttle a world cup bid by one of the highest ranking teams.

What a hoot. At least they aren't accusing each other of not sharing the bachalau.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Maybe we should get Ricardo Sa Pinto as the President of the FPF!:D
He might not be the greatest player , but a person knows hes direct and does not tolerate bullsh!t (Arthur puta Jorge)

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Tinto said:

What a hoot. At least they aren't accusing each other of not sharing the bachalau.
It will come out in the following days. The whole story is broken here in XTIME when a freind of mine spotted none other the Antonio Oliveira at Macau's popular beach eating bacalhau at 2.30am after he had ransacked the portugueses chef kitchen. he ate plenty, and as he stumbled off twisting his ankle ( therefor explaining his busted ankle V Poland !!! )

1 - 12 of 12 Posts