Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
42,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm the worst at threads. I just had this thought as nEEbz commented on the upcoming Liverpool/Chelsea match as a cure for insomnia [please, nothing on that]. So, and not because you were exhausted from the days exertions, but because a match was so stale and drab... has it happened? Not to me.

This thread became ever more silly the longer I typed.

·
Registered
67,242 Posts
I fell asleep in front of matches several times, but it was down to lack of sleep moreso than how the game itself went though.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Lately it's because of tiredness, something like watching the fourth match in a row after the first three was so great you exhaust yourself, or it's so late at night+dull match (World Cup matches, I can recall I fell asleep during the Ukraine - Tunisia match).

I think I fell asleep once, back when Forest was still in the Premiership - maybe late '90s, they are playing against a team I forgot but is also close to relegation and the whole game it's long balls all over the place.

·
Registered
56,469 Posts
happen to me to sleep even for great matchs when i'm really tired.
the more i try to stay awake, the faster i fall in sleep.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
During Capelll's time at Madrid, I would fall asleep so many times between matches. I mean, when you're wake up at 2 in the morning to watch the match & then Capello tries so hard to make you go back to sleep, you can't do much can ya?:hangover:

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
I think you guys all misunderstood.

What ILA means is if the match has put you to sleep because it's that damn boring, not because you're already tired or have woken up in the middle of the night to watch it and fallen back asleep.

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
The only game which was so freaking boring, dull and uneventful that it actually put me to sleep was the Juve-Milan CL final of 03. I honestly can not remember ever seeing a more boring game in my life.

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
The only game which was so freaking boring, dull and uneventful that it actually put me to sleep was the Juve-Milan CL final of 03. I honestly can not remember ever seeing a more boring game in my life.
At least somebody can read.

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Yes.

Chelsea matches do it all the time, thing is I can sleep at any time of the day.. so its easy. If its exciting ill obviously be wide awake, but in answer of the question.. Yes I have.

·
Registered
42,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I didn't mean to imply anything like that. I'm sorry to rub you off that way, I assure you it wasn't my intent. Again, my apologies.

I just gave my OP a re-read. Of course I can see how you drew such a conclusion. Still, as I said, it wasn't in my mind to give my message that angle.

I don't mean to single out any particular team. I don't fall asleep because that's how I am, I simply cannot fall asleep while sitting! Every team plays dull football sometimes.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts