1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't think so.

[tub]fSQan13JmY0[/tub]

[tub]S4QjKdMIXes[/tub]

What an absolute titan he was. I'd like to see you people pulling some wank counter-examples out of your arses though.

·
Administrator
52,972 Posts
Imagine if he wasnt lazy as **** and had ambition.

But yeah, at times mindblowing mofo, mostly for his insane shooting.

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
from recent players he has a "desgarbado" style and the way he conducts the ball that reminds me of Guille Schelotto, thought the late was apure winger as they come, more an assiter than a goalscorer, when he dribbles he is very resemblance and the way he strikes the ball.

Guille like him never had many chances in the NT and he blew some opportunities due to bein below par and also being moddy and stubborn with coaches choices.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Must have got him mixed up with someone. I do often wonder now what kind of clubs were interested in him? Shame he opted to stay at the dell

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
My favorite English player, grew up watching this guy.

BTW, shouldn't this be in the history of football?

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
My favorite English player, grew up watching this guy.

BTW, shouldn't this be in the history of football?
Same here and what moment's he gave not only to his Saint's faithful but to many football lover's:thumbsup::proud:.michaldinho apparently he won eight cap's playing for England and as reported in his autobiography apparently he rejected move's to Milan and Chelsea I don't know if that's true or not.But still no doubt he would've rejected bigger money move's,than instead choosing to stay loyal to the Saint's ala a Gigi Rivera type story.

As Ozzy said he was noted as being lazy and gave you the impression he was,but boy could he just turn on the style like that enough just to watch the video's of him.Another sad day it was when Matty retired:depress:,but as they say it's another case of all good thing's come to an end.:proud::thumbsup:

·
1st Tier Poster
49,985 Posts
What an absolute titan he was. I'd like to see you people pulling some wank counter-examples out of your arses though.
Never won a single title in his career, never played in Europe, never scored a goal for England. He was overweight for most of his career and had he taken it easy on beer and fish & chips he could've been one of the greatest of his generation. But he isn't even the all-time goalscorer for Southampton despite playing there for 16 years :lala:

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Well the thread isn't about what he achieved as a player but memorable moments and Le Tissier certainly had a lot of them. Simply absolutely brilliant actions in those vids, but many has had more tbh.

For one thing a vast majority of his so called "memorable moments" were shots. The likes of Maradona, Zlatan and Ronaldinho to name a few(there's a lot more) has all kind of stunning goals. Maradona especially. His top 50 is like something from another planet.

·
Registered
66,765 Posts
Well the thread isn't about what he achieved as a player but memorable moments and Le Tissier certainly had a lot of them. Simply absolutely brilliant actions in those vids, but many has had more tbh.

For one thing a vast majority of his so called "memorable moments" were shots. The likes of Maradona, Zlatan and Ronaldinho to name a few(there's a lot more) has all kind of stunning goals. Maradona especially. His top 50 is like something from another planet.
Maradona is the genius of world football, almost no one comes close to him.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts