Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must congratulate Harry for seeing this persons abilities. When he was at West Ham he was one of the best defenders on the pitch and most of the time MOTM :). Davenport will be at Southampton till the end of the season ;)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Davenport joins Saints

By Neil Vaughan
Date: 3/1/2005

SPURS DEFENDER Callum Davenport has joined Southampton on loan until the end of the season. The England Under-21 international who...

Your Location: Home > Latest News

Davenport joins Saints
By Neil Vaughan for THEspursweb.com

SPURS DEFENDER Callum Davenport has joined Southampton on loan until the end of the season.

The England Under-21 international who joined Spurs from Coventry City in August will get some valuable Premiership experience at the south coast club.

He passed a medical on Monday evening and is set to face Fulham at St Mary's on Wednesday.

Davenport spent some time on loan earlier in the season at West Ham United where he made ten appearances for the Hammers.

"I am really looking forward to it. This will be a huge challenge for me and the chance to have a run of games in the Premiership" Davenport told the official Southampton website.

"One of the main reasons I signed for Spurs in the summer was that they would let me go out on loan to gain experience because I had Ledley King, Naybet and Anthony Garner ahead of me in the pecking order.

"Coventry could not have afforded the wages and with it being a London club it was a chance for me to get settled in the capital.

"West Ham are a massive club by First Division standards so it was a great opportunity for me and I enjoyed my football there.

"When Spurs had a few injury problems I was recalled but I have not figured much lately and I just want to play games.

"The good thing is that this deal is until the end of the season so it is up to me to ensure I get a run of matches.

===============

Southampton swoop for Spurs pair Redknapp, Davenport
tribalfootball.com - January 4, 2005

Southampton boss Harry Redknapp is set to snap up son Jamie from Tottenham.
The Sun says Saints boss Harry last night signed midfielder Jamie, 31, on a contract to the end of the season.

Redknapp Snr also bagged Tottenham defender Calum Davenport on loan.

Spurs' Sporting Director Frank Arnesen told his club's official website: "He did very well at West Ham and we took him back because we had injury problems in defence at the time and especially with the very hard programme we've had over the last two or three weeks. We needed him but now everything is okay and, as Calum himself wants to play, it is a good idea for him to go on loan again.

"This is ideal for us, Southampton want him and I think it is very good for Calum and Tottenham in that we can see him play at the highest level. He will hopefully get a lot of games - that is what it is all about."

Davenport said: "I am really looking forward to it. This will be a huge challenge for me and the chance to have a run of games in the Premiership.

"One of the main reasons I signed for Spurs in the summer was that they would let me go out on loan to gain experience because I had Ledley King, Naybet and Anthony Garner ahead of me in the pecking order."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts