Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 340 Posts

·
Registered
30,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.galatasaray.org/kulup/haber/1386.php

Bit of a shock transfer. I don't have a great feeling about this because of how injured he gets, but he has a mean left foot on him. He can play both on the left and in a central role. He has good goal scoring prowess or at least ...did. All I have to say is, he's twice the player Lincoln is.

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
It looks like the Galatasaray board is trying to hedge their bets on Lincoln with this transfer. Kewell was really special while at Leeds, but his time at Liverpool has left a little to desire. I was surprised to see he was only 29 years old, considering he has been around for a while and suffered some serious injuries.

It's a risky transfer, but he seems like a hard-working guy who won't lay around all day even if he is injured (like a certain transfer last year). If healthy, I think he can be a top performer on this team, especially with Nonda, Umit, and Arda around him.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
So whats the strongest 11 now???

-----------------------Nonda----------------------------

----Kewell-------------Lincoln---------------Arda----------

---------------Topal------------Linderoth-----------------

Hakan---------Servet-------------Emre------------Sabri----

------------------------Aykut-----------------------------

Bench:
Reserve Keeper
Baris
Barusso
Ayhan
Ugur Ucar
Serkan
Umit Karan
Volkan Yaman

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
That is a pretty good starting eleven if you ask me...

I just hope that this transfer isn't the preparation for Arda's sale

·
Masch for Captain
2,413 Posts
You better not have offered him a big and long contract.

He is world class when he is fit and gets a run of games together he won us the game against Chelsea in FA cup semi final by raping Geremi and switching around the pitch and opening them up. He even showed flashes of old Kewell by killing Porto.

He is one of my favourite players but he never delivered but I think if he gets a few games and gets his match fitness he could easily win you many games.

Also I think his best position is behind the striker or as a narrow left winger.

Good luck and hopefully he will be a success even though we wasted A LOT of money on his wages he is human and I hope him the best.

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
I have seen Harry play some amazing football, if he stays fit this year then Galatasaray will be lucky. I think this is a great transfer.

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Player's agent denied the agreement. ( 'Pool website )

Shitty crap transfer though.

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
The agent said the announcement is premature, the talks are still on going. There are still many clubs in England and Europe interested in signing him.

·
Registered
10,724 Posts

·
Honourable Mention, April Photo Contest 2008
19,147 Posts
wow, so we havent even signed him? wtf?

man, if this doesnt go through then I'll be very pissed off. why do these idiots announce deals that arent even done?

·
19,147 Posts
if that agent is right, then the gs board will have a lot of trouble, because not signing a player after putting videos of him on your official website and having a picture of him at the starting page is quite ridicilious and something to be ashamed off if you cant finish the transfer afterwards.

infact, this has to be right now:

:yuck:

·
19,147 Posts
haha, his agent says that on saturday things will get clear but according to us he's coming to istanbul on friday which is today if i'm not completely nuts. :D

btw, i'd love to know what tolga thinks about kewell.

1 - 20 of 340 Posts