Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
*the drum drum*
Joined
·
42,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so it was just a header from 5 yards out, but I don't care..

He looked so relieved to have scored that goal, and I hope he finally rediscovers his confidence :shades:

17 minutes in, Liverpool 1-0 up..
 

·
Sheperdesque
Joined
·
21,256 Posts
about bloody time, i'm happy for the guy, let's hope it's a sign of things to come
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,902 Posts
Too right it's about damn time he scored again. If we're going to have a chance of going to Germany, we need him firing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,409 Posts
i think thats over we've got players like bresciano who play out of there skin when playing for australia
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,926 Posts
tigerTUFF said:
as long as frankie is there we have no chance of making germany
That and the fact we still haven't found replacements for Alex Tobin and Milan Ivanovic (let alone talent to truly supersede them as we have for other positions) since the promise of Argentina way back in 1993:

Jo Simunic - best defender Australia's ever produced... who plays for Croatia
Craig Moore - injury crock, spent too long hiding in a crap league.
Steve Horvat - absolute rubbish
Steve Laybutt - a lump, nothing more #1
Tony Popovic - a lump, nothing more #2
Shaun Murphy - a lump, nothing more #3
Eddy Bosnar - no talent d#ckhead
Hayden Foxe - injury crock, error-prone
Simon Colosimo - thanks Andy Cole
Adrian Madaschi - what happened? #1
Mark Byrnes - what happened? #2
Ljubo Milicevic - what happened? #3
David Tarka - what happened? #4

One of the greatest problems we've had with all our centrehalves - even when they are fit and in form - is that they're bloody snails. Whenever we come up against strikers only slightly quicker than wet cement our rear guard gets skinned.
 

·
Star Player
Joined
·
4,703 Posts
dyertribe said:
That and the fact we still haven't found replacements for Alex Tobin and Milan Ivanovic (let alone talent to truly supersede them as we have for other positions) since the promise of Argentina way back in 1993:

Jo Simunic - best defender Australia's ever produced... who plays for Croatia
Craig Moore - injury crock, spent too long hiding in a crap league.
Steve Horvat - absolute rubbish
Steve Laybutt - a lump, nothing more #1
Tony Popovic - a lump, nothing more #2
Shaun Murphy - a lump, nothing more #3
Eddy Bosnar - no talent d#ckhead
Hayden Foxe - injury crock, error-prone
Simon Colosimo - thanks Andy Cole
Adrian Madaschi - what happened? #1
Mark Byrnes - what happened? #2
Ljubo Milicevic - what happened? #3
David Tarka - what happened? #4

One of the greatest problems we've had with all our centrehalves - even when they are fit and in form - is that they're bloody snails. Whenever we come up against strikers only slightly quicker than wet cement our rear guard gets skinned.

:D ah dude its refreshing seeing ur blunt yet accurate assessments around here

as far as Im aware madaschi isnt far off, but ol frankie doesnt give him too many chances to establish himself, having said that im sure he played in one of our last 3 matches, Byrnes was gonna be super but did his knee wen he was young and just never got over it, apparently his mobility became a real issue, no idea wots happening now. Milicivic and Tarka along with madaschi and kisnorbo should be played at nearly every opportunity we have, they are the best of wots coming thru, having said that like i mentioned in another thread WEVE HAD 3.5 F*(KING YEARS TO ESTABLISH THESE GUYS AND YET ITS THE SAME SHIT PLAYING GAME IN GAME OUT
 

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Joined
·
63,337 Posts
if Harry Kewell had come to the Arsenal you would have had a world superstar on your hands.

i blame his thick wife being on that stupid Northern tv programme.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,926 Posts
tigerTUFF said:
as far as Im aware madaschi isnt far off, but ol frankie doesnt give him too many chances to establish himself, having said that im sure he played in one of our last 3 matches,
The problem with poor old Dasch is, he's rotting away in the Scottish First Division - far too poor a standard for him to be playing if he's fair dinkum about making a name for himself, let alone start at the back during a Socceroo world cup campaign.

tigerTUFF said:
Byrnes was gonna be super but did his knee wen he was young and just never got over it, apparently his mobility became a real issue, no idea wots happening now.
Byrnes is at FC Harmellinna in f#cking Finland - no disrespect to anyone reading this named Jari or Keke.

tigerTUFF said:
Milicivic and Tarka along with madaschi and kisnorbo should be played at nearly every opportunity we have, they are the best of wots coming thru,
Tarka is going nowhere at Forest. Milicevic is still nursing that groin tear he suffered during the Athens qualifiers almost five decades ago and Dasch, as I said, is rotting away in Haggistan's second flight.

Kisnorbo's the only one looking like half a show, and he's currently being overlooked for Tony "grey pubes" Vidmar.

tigerTUFF said:
having said that like i mentioned in another thread WEVE HAD 3.5 F*(KING YEARS TO ESTABLISH THESE GUYS AND YET ITS THE SAME SHIT PLAYING GAME IN GAME OUT
Exactly right mate. It's a joke. I'm half expecting to see Paul Schillabeer, Charlie Yankos, Bobby Despotovski and Ante Milicic line up against the Sammys this time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,926 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
if Harry Kewell had come to the Arsenal you would have had a world superstar on your hands.

i blame his thick wife being on that stupid Northern tv programme.
I've been saying that ever since he signed for the scouse.

Absolutely ridiculous decision. If he'd gone to Wengerville or Loch Fergie he would've been rightly hailed as genuinely world class by now.

But no, now he's just another ubertalented player to be ruined by the Anfield experience.
 

·
Star Player
Joined
·
4,703 Posts
dyertribe said:
The problem with poor old Dasch is, he's rotting away in the Scottish First Division - far too poor a standard for him to be playing if he's fair dinkum about making a name for himself, let alone start at the back during a Socceroo world cup campaign.



Byrnes is at FC Harmellinna in f#cking Finland - no disrespect to anyone reading this named Jari or Keke.



Tarka is going nowhere at Forest. Milicevic is still nursing that groin tear he suffered during the Athens qualifiers almost five decades ago and Dasch, as I said, is rotting away in Haggistan's second flight.

Kisnorbo's the only one looking like half a show, and he's currently being overlooked for Tony "grey pubes" Vidmar.



Exactly right mate. It's a joke. I'm half expecting to see Paul Schillabeer, Charlie Yankos, Bobby Despotovski and Ante Milicic line up against the Sammys this time.

lol :D makes dads army look like spritely spring chickens our bloody dee...

sh!t hey abt giving us an update abt our so called future backline :( Madaschi was a youth player at atalanta, wtf did he decide to go to scotland div 1 for???? serieB u effin knob! :doh: Byrne in finland? nuff said scratch him!
milicivic yeh no idea how effin long this injury is gonna keep going and Tarka shame abt that..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,926 Posts
tigerTUFF said:
lol :D makes dads army look like spritely spring chickens our bloody dee...

sh!t hey abt giving us an update abt our so called future backline :( Madaschi was a youth player at atalanta, wtf did he decide to go to scotland div 1 for???? serieB u effin knob! :doh: Byrne in finland? nuff said scratch him!
milicivic yeh no idea how effin long this injury is gonna keep going and Tarka shame abt that..
For mine, our three greatest hopes are Milicevic, McKain and Kisnorbo.

The problem we have is, Milicevic has been struggling with this groin injury for the best part of seven or eight months and besides which, he is stranded at FC Thun in the Swiss top flight.

Kisnorbo has been playing consistently good football for Hearts in the SPL and during their forays into the UEFA Cup, but as a bits and pieces man mainly in midfield and at fullback. He is yet to be placed into central defence (if he'll play there at all now) on a regular basis.

McKain is the greatest hope of them all. The Romanian NT manager was quoted a few months ago as saying that if Jon was Romanian he'd select him - a big honour for any foreigner playing abroad. What we need him to do now is go to one of Europe's big leagues.

As far as 2006 goes however, it looks like we're stuck with Popovic and Moore - if they're fit.

It's too difficult to make a call on any of the younger boys such as Timpano... who have had their progress stalled by a good 12-18 months thanks to the transition from NSL to A-League.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,245 Posts
Its no ones fault but Kewells that he's gone downhill, In the time he's been at Anfield the likes of Baros, Gerrard, Xabi, Pongolle have excelled n even fecking Carra, Mellor Riise and Traore have been ressurected.The truth is, he's a lazy, lethargic bastard who comes out every 2nd Tuesday saying the critics dont faze him and he'll prove them wrong and then he does feck all.If Vicente, Rufete, Kily, Luis Garcia can play as widemen under Benitez theres no reason he cant.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top