Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
press conference is about to start, a sad day for all Pompey fans.

what are your views on this ? i know there are rumours Harry has had his fingers in the till regarding transfers, don't know whether they are true or not.

also Milan is a bit of an egomaniac and is jealous of Harry's popularity on the south coast ??????

whatever it is , they will miss Harry's great wheeler dealing in the market.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
The Pompey chairman doesn't deserve them with the way they've been treated. Hopefully they'll both find a club where the chairman won't interfere with onfield duties in the future.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it's been confirmed, they have both resigned.

no SJ, ever since last year i think, amazing that they couldn't settle the differences , seems that Harry was spending too much money for Mandaric's liking but surely it was money well spent if they are in the position they are now.

very strange for me.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
Cue Milan's mate to be appointed manager, and the club to be relegated!

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Rubbish, Milan needed to lay down some foundations in case Harry's ego did get so big he had to bugger off. Maybe Zajec is the wrong choice as DOF but I'm all for developing the club without being stuck in the past with Redknapp. Thanx Harry and Jim for the past 2 1/2 years u took us as far as u could :thmbup:

NOW BRING IN HITZFIELD (maybe)

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
_Eight_Ball_ said:
:dielaugh: You cannot be serious!
It's either him or we'll have George Best pissing our transfer budget up the wall

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I'm not sure what Mandaric meant to do but Zajec is not the solution to any problem. He's a useless manager and an even more useless director. I've never seen a set of fans so collectively delighted as Panathinaikos fans when he left. Both times.

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Personally feel that Pompey have lost the reason why the stayed in the EPL in the first place. Look at West Ham, they took Harry and what he did for granted and when he left they had Glen Roeder and were relegated. I agree with however said it earlier "if it ain't broke then don't fix it"

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
A few days ago 'Arry said that he would like to own AFC Bournemouth one day to have a bit of "fun" with :googly: :dazed:
He lives locally and he was good for the club as player and manager :) but our current debts are partly down to him signing players on long contracts :depress:
If he has the money and is prepared to help us out again then great! :D :happy: not sure if he could really leave first team business to the manager though ..... (although it would be very hypocritical of him if he did get involved while working in the background)

Maybe a return to AFC Bournemouth is more of a posibility and isn't quite so far away now

Anyway back on topic - this is bad news for Pompey :happy: and Saints aren't exactly stable at this moment either :D

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
It's all very ugly but I'm sure Harry won't be out of work for too long if he fancies another job. That said, there's no reason Pompey can't continue building of what they've got should they land the right man (Gordon Strachan?).

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Southampton must absolutely grab Redknapp.

I have a feeling that Glenda will take over Portsmouth. Or even George Graham.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Pompey would go from being one of the most entertaining sides in the Premiership under Redknapp, to horrible under Georgie boy. We love him, really.

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
Redknapp said it was due to needing a break from football.

I'm not buying it, I think he was still pissed about the Chief Executive appointment. Jim Smith said he had no idea what on earth had gone on at the club in the past two and a half weeks.

·
Banned
44 Posts
I agree with Gio Zola, if I was getting paid that much to play the game taht I loved...
No way in hell would I ever meed a "break".
If he needs a break I will replace that *ussy.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts